POSITION TITLE: Finance and Operation Manager, LATT– M project
LOCATION: Yangon, Myanmar
Report to: Team Lead, LATT – M
FHI 360 envisions a world in which all individuals and communities have the opportunity to reach their highest potential. Our mission is to improve lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions for human development. FHI 360 has worked to improve lives in Myanmar since 2012, building capacity in multiple sectors, including health, nutrition, food and agriculture, civil society, the media and governance.
FHI 360 is seeking applications for the position of Finance and Operations Manager, LATT – M project, FHI 360 Myanmar.
Local Action Towards TB-Free Myanmar (LATT-M), is a 3 year USAID-funded project led by Pyi Gyi Khin (PGK) in partnership with FHI 360 Myanmar and PHOENIX Association. LAT – M will support the National TB Program (NTP) to accelerate national progress towards a TB-free Myanmar by 2035 through mobilizing and establishing the first civil society TB community network at national and regional levels. FHI 360 Myanmar will provide technical assistance to LATT – M consortium partners.
The Finance and Operations Manager has the following responsibilities:
- Oversees project operations including human resources, logistics, procurement, finance and accounting
- Maintains up-to-date financial tracking system
- Maintains proper documentation for all office and project expenditures
- Liaises with vendors and other service providers and ensure that invoices are verified and submitted on a timely basis
- Coordinates monthly requests of funds, based on budget and cash flow projections, to ensure that the program has all the necessary funds for the operations
- Reviews purchase orders and required supporting documentation and consults with the team leader for approval, prior to issuance of purchase orders within agreed-upon thresholds
- Creates and submits monthly financial reports
- Completes regular financial tracking reports to monitor Myanmar project spend against the approved budget
- Maintains office records as needed
- Designs and implements office financial policies, standards, and procedures in line with FHI 360 policies and the USG
- Provides input to the preparation of project budgets
- Reviews staff expense reports and supporting documentation and after approval arranges prompt payment
- Monitosr time spent by the project staff and advises the Team Lead if time is not being charged and spent according to the approved Myanmar budget
- Assists the Team Lead with the hiring of project staff in Myanmar
- Advises project staff on USAID requirements and provides training on financial management, record keeping, operational systems and policies as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance Administration or similar field
- Minimum five years of professional experience providing accounting and financial management services
- Demonstrable understanding of accounting procedures
- Familiar with USG rules and regulations, and experience in a similar position on a USG-funded project preferred
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Strong English written, oral, and presentation skills
- Authorization to work in Myanmar
- Willingness and ability to travel a minimum of 20% time to project sites
- Myanmar national
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Experience completing a variety of financial tasks by establishing priorities and working in a fast-paced office environment, under pressure and against numerous deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as well as part of a team
- Accuracy and attention to detail in the performance of duties is of critical importance
- Excellent organizational skills, including task and time management
- Impeccable business ethics, including the protection of confidential information
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package , professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.