Winrock International works with people around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment, including decades of experience in Myanmar.
In conjunction with the Project Team Leader, the Finance and Operations Manager ensures the effective financial and administrative functions of the project. This includes managing financial, tax, and human resources administration, as well as managing procurement and logistics processes in alignment with project requirements and standard operating procedures.
- Work closely with the Project Team Leader to prepare monthly cost projections for office running costs, including transportation, office supplies, office maintenance, etc.
- Coordinate with field managers in the management of petty-cash account and petty cash disbursement ensuring all associated supporting documents are in order
- Keep record of staff travel and operational advances and make sure timely adjustment, medical allowance and annual leave record.
- Prepare payroll for the project staff, distribute salary slips and transfer the salary to individual staff bank account every month after approval from Project Team Leader.
- Maintain payroll liabilities record including severance, bonus and leave encashment. Update liabilities after increment of individual staff salary.
- Prepare monthly finance report and bank reconciliation and submit to Winrock’s Regional Finance team on a monthly basis for review and approval
- Prepare bank disbursement vouchers and payments and ensure all financial transactions are in compliance with Winrock International policies and procedures. Gather and review all required supporting documentation prior to issuing payment
- Verify accuracy of all invoices and assure proper allocation of expenditures to funding source and expense categories
- Work with program staff to prepare monthly wire / fund request to transfer funds from US.
- Work closely with Winrock’s Home Office finance staff to resolve issues, address concerns and respond to request for financial information.
- Serve as focal point for local staff on questions regarding financial matters.
- Calculate payroll tax liabilities and ensure compliance with both Myanmar legal requirements and Winrock International human resources policies, including income tax, social security and withholding tax etc.
- Stay informed of changes to Myanmar tax laws and ensure proper payment of income tax, social security, office-space related taxes, etc.
- Conduct new hire orientation and code of conduct training and serve as focal point for questions regarding administrative procedures, including time sheets, benefits, etc.
- Coordinate the annual performance review process in collaboration with the Project Team Leader
- Ensure personnel files including new hire documentation, employment contracts, annual performance review files, etc. are accurately completed and maintain physical and electronic personnel files.
- Manage procurement actions (purchase orders and service contracts) for vehicle services, technical services, equipment, office supplies etc. from start to finish including solicitation, selection, negotiation, documentation of solicitation/selection processes, and record retention.
- Monitor office inventory including furniture, IT equipment, etc. per Winrock requirements.
- Support, whenever needed, field managers with procurement of technical equipment, and coordinating logistics.
- Ensure full compliance with Winrock policies and procedures
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
· Degree in business administration, financial accounting or related field
· Minimum 5 years of experience in finance and operations. Experience with international NGOs preferred.
· Experience successfully managing payroll and tax administration according to Myanmar laws and regulations
· Microsoft Office computer skills
· Knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software
· Good communication and organization skills
· Myanmar and English language required
Applicants should go to the Winrock Careers page at https://www.winrock.org/join-us/careers/ and submit a current resume and cover letter referencing Finance and Operations Manager, Myanmar.
Winrock would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates who meet all requisite criteria and are short listed will be contacted.
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.