The Field Finance officer is responsible for ensuring that the day- to- day accounting operations and financial management functions at the Field office are performed in accordance with IRC and Country Office policy and procedures. Assist Senior Finance Officer to serve as a technical resource person for the accounting department in the field office. Specific responsibilities within each functional area are as follows.
- Responsible for processing the payments for both Bank and cash transactions.
- Ensure timely payment with standard financial controls.
- Ensure completeness of payment documents in compliance to IRC and Donor policies and procedure.
- Ensure internal control procedures are followed for all cash disbursements, receipts and transfers.
- Update the cash and bank books on daily basis with proper reconciliation of closing balances.
- Carry out cash count as per the IRC policy and schedule. Document the cash count sheets for records.
- Prepare and maintain cash books ensuring completeness and accuracy of data entry. Ensure that entries are accurate in coding.
- Maintain the cash books, controlling access and ensuring data integrity.
- Prepare and submit weekly cash book entries to Senior Finance Officer for review.
- Assist Senior Finance Officer to consolidate the monthly cash projection of all programs and operations to share with Yangon office on time.
- Work with the field and program staff to help them develop accurate cash forecast and expenditure.
- Review POs and PRs for proper coding and budget adequacy before approval.
- In liaison with Logistics department, prepare commitment lists every month for financial obligations already entered into but not captured in financial reports.
- Participate and review the monthly/Annual inventory physical checks.
Budgeting & Reporting
- Assist Senior Finance Officer in preparing field office grant spending plan with inputs from program and operation staff.
- Participate and provide technical support in grant opening/closing and review meetings.
- Produce field office related reports as requested by the Field Coordinator or other staff by assisting Senior Finance Officer.
- Review the monthly BVA and inform to Senior Finance Officer for the adjustment requirement of field transaction.
Staff Training and Support
- Assist Senior Finance Officer regular training to program and operations staff on IRC accounting procedures and policy requirements, donor regulations.
- Any graduate or University Degree in Accounting, Commerce or Finance, LCCI level 3.
- Minimum of 2 years experiences in financial and accounting.
- Good computer skill, especially in Microsoft excel, Microsoft word, email and internet, and experienced in financial related software (spreadsheets, accounting packages).
- Must be able to function comfortably in a loosely structured but complex worked environment, working and prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Good relationship with internal and external office related person.
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) in English with program staffs, management and employee.
Myanmar nationals with relevant skills sets and proven experience of working at international level are strongly encouraged.