The Senior Finance Officer is accountable for the smooth operation of Financial Management of the Project which will contribute directly to the overall project performance.
The Senior Finance Officer will guide the project National Finance Manager and Government Officials responsible for project Financial Management in complying with the Financial Management guidelines of the donor and enable them to perform the duties timely and efficiently.
The details of the duties and responsibilities are;
To prepare Financial Management Manual for internal use based on the Project Financing Agreement, Letter to the Borrowers, Project Design document, IFAD Guidelines and manual. The Project Financial Management Manual for internal use will be the main part of the Project Implementation Manual.
Review the operation of the project accounts (Designated Account, Other Accounts assigned to the project management unit, Project Participating States Kayin and Shan, Department of Agriculture (DOA), recommend the efficient fund flows by discussion with the financial authorities of IWUMD and MOALI.
Conduct the capacity need assessment on financial management skill of the Government finance staffs and officials and produce the capacity building plan including the experience exchanges and study tours.
Prepare training material for Financial management Training, Accounting and Book keeping and Conduct the training for the government staffs at the center and state-level.
Review the processing of the Budget plan and provide necessary advice for preparation and processing of Annual Work Plan and Budget, Semi-Annual Budget Revision, Budget Reallocation.
To review and provide necessary advises for preparation of financial reports, preparation of the Withdrawal Applications, Accounting and Bookkeeping in accordance with the Financing Agreement, Letter to the Borrower, IFAD Financial Guidelines and the International Public Sector Accounting Standard (IPSAS).
Lead in procurement and application of the efficient Accounting Computer Software.
To assess financial management risks and provide the risk management advises.
Other duties assigned by the Project Management as required.
- Study the Project documents such as Financing Agreement, Letter to the Borrower, Project Design Report, IFAD Financial Management Guidelines/Hand book and Procurement Guidelines.
- Meeting with the Project Officials responsible for the Financial Management.
- Meeting with the officials of the Ministry of Planning and Finance (MOPF) and the Office of the Auditor General of Myanmar (OAG).
- Meeting with the Finance managers of the OA accounts, Project Director and the Project Coordinators of the Project Implementation Office.
- To conduct the workshop to test and finalize the templates, handbooks for internal use, fund flows and procurement flows proposed.
- Actively interact with other Project personals and groups to share case studies, lessons learned and best practice on the Knowledge System.
- Provide feedback to Practice Leads on policy, supporting guidance with an aim towards continuous improvement of UNOPS policies
- Complete lessons learned as per reporting format
- Incorporate lessons learned from others as per planning format
Core Values and Principles:
- Understand and respect UNOPS sustainability principles
- Look for ways to embed UNOPS sustainability principles.
- Seek opportunities to champion gender equality at work place.
- Understand and Respect National ownership and capacity
- Understand the principles of the Paris Declaration on aid effectiveness and mainstream them into the project plans
- Look for ways to build capacity of local counterparts
Partnerships and Coordination
- Understand the UN Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF) and UNOPS, the project’s place in the UN system
- Strive to build strong partnerships and effective coordination among relevant project actors (e.g. United Nations, governments, and non-governmental organizations or other relevant partners)
- Accountability for results and the use of resources
- Service agreements, contracting, procurement of the works are in line with the role and regulation of the donor and transparent. To report to the project management in case of any doubt arising.
- Contribute to innovation and the adaptation of best practice standards of sustainability and quality.
- Financial Operation Handbook for internal use (including comprehensive fund flow, hierarchical approving procedure) has been produced (trial, testing, approving),
- Training conducted for Financial Operation Handbook
- Financial Reports and WAs produced in accordance with the recommended templates and formats timely.