Are you the star controller on your team, the one who never makes a mistake? Do you feel at home when you’re at your computer, digging into the details of account reconciliations, financial statements and reports? Are you looking for a company that has successfully automated the accounting drudgery that most Finance organizations do manually so that you can focus on what really matters? If so, we want you to join our 100% remote corporate Finance group.
We're a notoriously high-margin, PE-funded software conglomerate building a revolutionary, world-class Finance operation that enables us to buy 1-2 companies per week. To achieve this, we are rapidly building a community of the world’s smartest and best Finance professionals, and we need an outstanding controller to catch each and every mistake, oversight and slip-up before they reach our leaders and auditors.
What You Will Be Doing
Your main mission will be to perform Quality Control (QC) reviews of account reconciliations, financial statements and reports produced by our accountants. You will use your outstanding technical knowledge and expertise in US GAAP to certify our accountants’ work against a defined quality bar, identify all errors, make a Pass/Fail decision, and support Fails with reasons so that the accountants can fix the mistakes you found.
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Randomly deciding what work activities to perform on any given day
- Spending hours in meetings each day talking about the work to be performed
- Solely focusing on process improvements
- Dealing with HR/administrative burdens, like annual performance reviews
Financial Controller Key Responsibilities
Performing QC reviews of accountants’ work by:
- Identifying all errors in account reconciliations, financial statements and reports
- Ensuring compliance with US GAAP, following standardized formats that will pass an external audit
- Making a Pass/Fail decision, and documenting reasons for any Fails
- Accounting, Finance, Economics, Math or Science degree
- CPA, ACA or ACCA qualification with a recognized global accounting firm (Big 4)
- 3+ years as a controller for a large (US$50m+ revenue) business that handles complex consolidations (e.g., multiple subsidiaries, foreign exchange, external debt, revenue recognition)
- 5+ years of experience with US GAAP/IFRS
- Experience with at least 5 audits (as an auditor or client) at a Big 4 Firm
- Familiarity working with a large ERP system (e.g. Oracle’s NetSuite, SAP)
- Excellent English communication skills
- Experience working on a global/remote team
Crossover has been a pioneer of the remote work model since our inception in 2010 - helping thousands of people find great work opportunities. We focus on full-time, long-term work - not short-term "gigs" or freelancing side jobs. Most of our positions are within a large and growing portfolio of software companies. Since we focus on remote work, our openings can be filled globally and pay standardized compensation rates, regardless of where you choose to live.
Join the thousands of professionals that have partnered with Crossover to explore new opportunities and find their dream job. Go to www.crossover.com/testimonials to read their stories. Better yet, write your own story!
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or company, and help you get to the final interview step.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just visit https://jobs.crossover.com directly, search for this job, and click “Apply”. You will be prompted to reset your password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-4380-PH-NCRNatio-FinancialContr.005