Capacity building to strengthen financial management capacity
- Train management staff on simple financial and basic accounting for organizational sustainable financial management
- Strengthen partner's capacity on managing and overseeing the daily operations of the accounting/finance department, including monitoring and analysing accounting data and producing financial reports or statements.
- Working with project staff to develop sound financial processes for budgeting and managing expenditure.
- Support partners in establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies and principles.
- Improve capacity of partner staffs to access finance from financial institutions through demonstrating sound financial management
- Support partner organization to achieve internationally accepted standards of budgeting and accounting
- Promote collaboration between partner organizations and international organizations (especially with FHI) so partner's finance system are relevant and align with the donor compliances
Due to the nature of our volunteer placements, it is possible that the responsibilities of this role may differ in reality and therefore the post holder will need to be prepared to be flexible and adapt to their environment as necessary.
Desired Skills and Experience
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
Essential criteria (must have to be able to carry out the role successfully)
*A bachelor degree holder in accounting, finance, or related subjects
*Experience in developing financial management systems
*Able to formulate and implement financial regulations, policies and procedures.
*Good experience in establishing and supporting organization development
*Facilitation and training skills
*Able to adapt communication style to different contexts and audiences, including internal and external stakeholders
*Ability to work independently and prioritise own work load
*The volunteer must be a team player with good social and interpersonal skills and networking abilities. S/he should be able to handle conflicts in a constructive consultative way.
*S/he should have a flexible personality, adapting easily to new situations.