Food Categoriser (Data Entry) FULL-TIME ROLE
Foodstyles is a new and disruptive food tech company on a mission to document the world's food. We aim to list every ingredient on every menu so that our users can be hyper-specific about what they want to eat and find that food.
We are searching for people who have a deep understanding of food ingredients and how food is prepared and cooked.
As a freelance food categoriser, you will be working remotely daily and collaborate with our team. You will be given a list of restaurants and their menus and will be required to list every ingredient that is used in a dish based on the restaurant’s menu using our tools. You should also be able to categorise these dishes based on the company’s categorisation system.
Ideal Candidate Should Possess The Following
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel & Restaurant Management, Food Technology, Nutrition or a Diploma in Culinary Arts.
- Had at least 1 year of experience of supervisory or management
- Direct experience working with ingredients, dishes and menus
- Ability to break down dishes and recipes into ingredients and components
- A deep understanding of food ingredients and diet relationship
- Experience with Western, Eastern and Middle Eastern menus, dishes, and recipes
- Experience with creating menus and developing recipes
- A deep understanding of how dietary and allergy requirements affect the composition of a dish.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Have a desire to work with a forward-thinking and disruptive food-tech startup
- Forward-thinking who can suggest new ways of defining and understanding food and recipes, also can help to improve the internal categorisation system
- Have the ability to work remotely and to be self-motivating (as our HQ is based in London), and can converse well in English.
- You need to have strong attention to detail.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office (Word/ Excel etc)/ Google Chrome/ Slack.
100% REMOTE WORK / WORK FROM HOME (NO COMMUTE)
FULL TIME (with optional overtime)
FLEXIBLE TIME (MUST COMPLETE 40 HOURS PER WEEK)
Salary: PHP 23,000.00 to 30,000.00 (based on experience)
If you are looking for a new position with more flexibility and working on a really amazing project, please get in touch.