Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world's largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we're growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let's change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
About the Role
As Fraud and Risk Manager, you’ll manage our fraud and risk team, tasked with preventing and mitigating fraudulent activity on our platform through effective rule and model management, analytics and partnerships. To accomplish this, you will regularly liaise with other internal functions including product, client services, compliance, legal, and the banking and payment teams.
- Oversee day to day work of the fraud team including fraud prevention and mitigation globally across a large variety of funding methods
- Develop and monitor strategies, tools, processes, models and ensure that they deliver superior fraud detection while balancing approval rate and P&L impacts.
- Oversee investigations on all payment recalls or chargebacks
- Manage resolving queued transactions within service level agreements
- Compiling and implementing security measure systems and fraud prevention strategiesInteract directly with banks, clients, and other third parties to inform risk-based decision making
- Maintain fraud analysis models to improve efficiency and effectiveness of company systems and make data driven decisions
- Determine existing fraud trends by analyzing accounts and transaction patterns.
- Identify system improvements to prevent fraudulent activities
- Generate risk management reports for Management
- At least 4 years of experience at payments processor, card acquirer, bank in risk or fraud department
- At least 2 years of experience working in a high risk industryAt least 2 years of experience managing a fraud or risk team
- Experience with Visa and Mastercard risk tools (including 3DS, AVS, etc)
- Extremely tech savvy
- Intermediate to advanced SQL
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with blockchain analytics tools
- Extremely proactive communicator willing to raise flags when needed and keep all relevant stakeholders well informed of ongoing risk or fraud related activities
- Efficiency focusedExcellent communication and documentation skills
Nice to have
- Experience working in crypto industry fraud and risk teams
- Experience with alternative payment methods and risks
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://jobs.lever.co/kraken. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us:
Watch "Working at Kraken"
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn