Support the Head of Operational Risk and Fraud in implementation of Wave Money’s Fraud Management activities as part of the second line function by supporting operational units on the first line through the monitoring of first line fraud-related activities, monitoring current fraud risks and identifying emerging threats.
Key Result Areas
- Assesses and supports fraud prevention and detection measures by the first line within the business
- Assists with developing and executing fraud awareness strengthening activities including training
- Assists in the management of risks related to fraud including the monitoring and assessment of key fraud risk metrics
- Identifies and escalates to CRO any material risk changes related to risk and compliance
- Identifies and escalate to CRO any noncompliance with Group Code of Conduct and Policies including but not limited to Compliance and Risk matters
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Perform on going monitoring through fraud analysis models and analyze fraud key risk metrics to flag emerging threat and exposure.
- Determine existing fraud trends by analyzing accounts and transaction patterns, identif changes in activity, explore patterns and anomalies in data and produce meaningful insights as a result.
- Conduct investigations on relevant suspicious activity and provide relevant analysis, reports, and action items.
Fraud Awareness and training
- Assist with the development of Fraud guidance for the company.
- Assist in the development of Fraud training modules/workshops to assure content is current and business cases developed to keep awareness across the business high.
- Support a proactive, independent, balanced and a fraud risk awareness culture within the organization.
Support to First line units
- Review current documentation of work process and reporting related to fraud.
- Assist the development of Fraud key risk metric and reporting routines.
- Monitor the effectiveness of fraud activities including the investigation and conclusion of potential or confirmed fraud cases and implementation of corrective measures.
- Provides strategic recommendations based on (a) evolving fraud trends and market intelligence, and (b) assessment of effectiveness of fraud activities within the first line.
- Stakeholders/Counterparts to communicate, coordinate and get in touch. All areas of Wave Money.
Experience and knowledge area:
- Previous experience with analyzing large data sets for patterns and anomalies and conceptualizing scenarios for monitoring and testing
- Previous experience in fraud management, internal control, risk management, or audit a plus.
- Relevant experience in a Financial Institution or Mobile Operator and/or a holder of appropriate qualifications will be an advantage.
Functional skills as outlined below:
- Ability to perform investigations and formulate conclusions in demanding and complex situations.
- Strong analytical skills; expertise using data manipulation tools such as SQL or SAS is highly desired.
- Proven ability to consolidate information from a number of sources to produce written assessments
- Highly numerate and inquisitive. Able to interrogate data and statistics to identify pertinent issues
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain findings and proposed solutions.
- Independent and Pro-Active
- Myanmar language skills plus strong writing and oral skills in English