Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 75 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 2,800 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed and constantly improved to let you do great work. We mean it when we say it is important to us that we create a workplace that you love coming to.
We take great pride in designing a product and an encompassing experience that users really love. Just check out our Twitter stream. Your colleagues at Canva — like you — enjoy being the best at their craft and coming together as a team to create something world-class. Aside from thousands of professionally designed layouts, Canva is also home to millions of photos and vectors for our users to use in their designs. Vectors play a big part in creating good design. Thousands of new vectors are uploaded in the Canva library every week to ensure we are regularly providing fresh and diverse content for our users.
What You'll Do...
- Produce animated assets and stickers in different styles according to the brief given by the Canva team
- Work to high-quality illustration standards
- Following production processes and requirements
- Working on a timeline(coordinated through our Monday board & Slack)
- Accepting feedback and open to reworking if the brief is not met
We'd love it if you have...
- Prior experience with design, illustration, and animation with an online portfolio of motion graphics work
- Have strong technical skills, and are able to work proficiently in After Effects, Adobe Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Have a strong understanding of the fundamentals of design, illustration, and animation
- Are comfortable in designing and animating vector characters and/or typography
- Have a passion for creating well-designed, usable animated graphics in different styles
- Have a desire to learn new techniques and technology to advance your craft
- Have a strong eye for quality and details
- Not a must, but it will be extra awesome if you'd have experience in 3D Animation (Blender, Cinema4D, or other 3D rendering software)
- Are able to receive and interpret feedback, and meet tight deadlines
- Have this equipment: Computer/Laptop (with hi-res screen preferable) and high-speed internet
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for full-time Canvanauts include:
- A temporary work from home setup as we prepare to provide a safe environment for Canvanauts who would like to work in the office. Our Future of Work plan is to move towards a hybrid work model (in-office & from home) which brings our people together for 8 key days a year. The rest of the year, you and your team can determine your ideal work setup. Whichever works best for you, #KayaSaCanva.
- Unique and flexible leaves options: :Recharge and go on your next getaway or simply take time off for yourself through our Vacation Leave, Give back through our Volunteer Leave to help out a charity or NGO of choiceSupport yourself or take care of your loved ones (even your furbabies) through our Sick or Carer’s Leave
- Focus on your own growth and development through our Professional Educational Leave
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowances for you to spend on anything that supports your wellbeing. Whether it’s a workshop, an electronic stand-up desk, a gym membership, or dinner with a teammate, we encourage you to do what you need to do in order to thrive.
- Virtual and in-office wellness and development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistance Programs, Fitness Classes and more to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
- Canva For Good program that matches your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
- A variety of Canva clubs that you can join to connect you to fellow Canvanauts with similar interests. From cycling, skincare, pets, to foodies (and the list goes on), we got you covered! Club activities can also be done remotely or in person.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.