Front-End Web Engineer Lead
You will join a multinational (7 nationalities) team of more than 10 engineers who are passionate about Web technologies, cool products, and tech memes. We build friendly and open communication within the team where everyone can state the opinion and affect the future of the team and the products we work with.
Office Location: Bangkok, Thailand
In order to build a world-class team, Amity welcomes people from all over the world. We are an international company and happy to support our new top talents with a relocation allowance to successfully move and settle in Bangkok.
You can also opt to work from home - be an active remote team member!
About the Web Team:
- We put emphasis on the quality of the code, where each piece of the code will be reviewed by at least one another Web Engineer.
- Each Web Engineer works day to day in a small cross-functional team per product (Feature Team), each of which has a dedicated Web, iOS, Android, and Backend Engineers, QA, and PO.
- The work is typically organized into two-week sprints with daily stand-ups, sprint planning/grooming, and retrospective.
- As members of the Web Team, we have a weekly meeting with the team to share our knowledge, experiences, or challenges with other Amity Web Engineers from different cross-functional teams.
- As the Web Team, we maintain aligned syntax, security, and quality standards across all the Amity Web applications.
- You will be often required to deliver the most complicated core features of the product.
- As a Lead, you will be responsible to maintain a horizontal view over the multiple projects of the product; make sure to maintain coherence between the different projects in both functionalities and technical approaches, and support their team in their implementation.
- You will mentor and support your team in operational tasks such as defining processes for the team to collaborate as well as more hands-on tasks like setting up CI for the projects, reviewing critical pull requests and so on.
- You will drive the quality of the delivered web applications of the whole Product Line.
Your ideal profile:
- Experience in shipping SDKs/libraries, understanding the challenges of a UI-less product.
- Previous experience in leading and managing engineering teams: mentoring, coaching, and supporting other team members.
- Previous experience in taking technical ownership over big products and driving architectural decisions.
- Previous experience in driving new processes and automation in the scaling engineering team.
- Experience in building and delivering complex SPA to the production
- Experience in building real-time applications
- Experience with any major UI Library (Ant Design is a plus)
- Experience in building high-loaded Web Applications with thousands of active users.
- Previous experience with startups or large enterprise companies (to understand the processes and nuances of rolling out technologies)
- Comfortable with rapid development cycles and agile processes.
- You have a “never-stop-learning” attitude and a desire to develop and grow
- Advanced English language skills (both verbal and written) are required to be successful in this role.
What’s in it for you:
Check out our great benefits here - https://www.amity.co/careers/bangkok