At Pachyderm, we're building an open-source enterprise-grade data science platform that lets you deploy and manage multi-stage, language-agnostic data pipelines while maintaining complete reproducibility and provenance. If you want to learn more about our grand vision, read what has become our "manifesto." Our system, developed with open source roots, shifts the paradigm of data science workflows by providing reproducibility, data provenance, and opportunity for true collaboration. Pachyderm utilizes modern technologies like Docker and Kubernetes to build an entirely new method of analyzing data. Offered both as an in-house solution as well as hosted-service, Pachyderm brings together version-control for data with the tools to build scalable end-to-end ML/AI pipelines while empowering users to use any language, framework, or tool they want.
You'll be working closely with our systems engineering and design teams to ship a core product that will define the future of the business. Your main task with be developing the web application that will become the "face" of the product and one of the primary modes for data scientists to build/manage their data and pipelines.
While your primary focus will be building the product, you’ll also have direct exposure to users and enterprise customers via our open source support channels. At Pachyderm, open source user and customer feedback is major driver of our product roadmap and we believe that everyone within the company should experience that first-hand.
The long and short of it is, if you're looking to make a big impact, on a small team, that works on open source software, and delivers an enterprise-grade product, then this role is for you. You can check out our product on github.
We offer significant equity, full benefits, and all the usual startup perks.
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes are a big plus
- A solid understanding of standard web development workflows including Git, CI, and component testing.
- Ability to plan and estimate tasks and then execute efficiently
- Must have strong communication skills when talking about technical concepts. You’ll need to be able to distill complex design decisions both internally and externally.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for fast-paced, high growth companies