Xendit provides payment infrastructure across Southeast Asia, with a focus on Indonesia and the Philippines. We process payments, power marketplaces, disburse payroll and loans, provide KYC solutions, prevent fraud, and help businesses grow exponentially. We serve our customers by providing a suite of world-class APIs, eCommerce platform integrations, and easy to use applications for individual entrepreneurs, SMEs, and enterprises alike.
Our main focus is building the most advanced payment rails for Southeast Asia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments across in SEA simple, secure and easy for everyone. We serve thousands of businesses ranging from SMEs to multinational enterprises, and process millions of transactions monthly. We've been growing rapidly since our inception in 2015, onboarding hundreds of new customers every month, and backed by global top-10 VCs. We're proud to be featured on among the fastest growing companies by Y-Combinator.
Build notifications that enhance payments experiences for clients and their end-users
The Notifications service is responsible for making a wide range of channels available for connecting with our clients and their end-users. These channels include emails, instant messaging, sms, push notifications and more. We offer branded, country specific and language localised communications that are delivered with minimal latency and highest reliability for transactional communications. In addition, we support plumbing that makes Xendit work internally, orchestrating alerts to slack and other services so that humans know when something needs to be done.
- Maintain and improve mission critical notification services that support the Xendit group, optimising for processing speed, fault tolerance and uptime
- Take end-to-end ownership of service components, translating product requirements into technical specifications, then independently develop to spec
- Establish performance monitoring and ensure that services you develop hit SLOs
- Produce high quality, maintainable code, test it, review with peers and create quality standards to be used across the team
- Collaborate with Tech Lead, Product Manager and other engineers to develop features that drive metrics
- Advocate with internal developer teams for notification quality and adoption of new features
- Do whatever it takes to make Xendit succeed
You may be a good fit if you
- Successful track record of developing quality software products and shipping production-ready software
- Have a Bachelor's degree in CS or equivalent experience
- Ability to break down complex product requirements into well-groomed user stories
- Are experienced in NodeJS or Go
- Strong knowledge of REST and pub/sub design patterns
- Experience with relational and NoSQL database schema design and query optimization
- Experience with unit, integration, and E2E test frameworks such as jest, mocha, supertest, and cucumber
- Experience working with distributed systems on cloud computing platforms such as AWS, GCP, or AliCloud (including serverless approaches)
- Ability to guide a team through refactoring high-throughput legacy code
- Ability to perform forensic investigation upon incidents on the system
- Bonus points if you have
What We Care About
- Experience with customer data platforms and/or customer messaging systems (Segment, Twilio, etc)
- Worked on language localization and template customization
- Solve for the customer first: You build what customers want. You think about what is right for customers, not what is easiest for you
- Demonstrate mastery of honey badgery: You make ambitious goals. Then execute…no matter what stands in the way. When knocked down, you get up
- Take on challenges willingly and can be trusted to execute: You can be trusted to get things done right the first time quickly. You hit your deadlines
- You're like us: You smile a lot, think work is fun and don't take yourself too seriously. You measure yourself against the best and believe feedback is the breakfast of champions. You follow the golden rule.
- You're remarkable: People naturally talk about how awesome you are. If we can't find someone who raves about you then it's unlikely we will too.