Care about climate change and passionate about writing? Aspire to shape and contribute to a fast-growing technology start-up as an early employee? This could be your opportunity.
At Solar AI, we want to use technology to simplify the solar experience for everyone.
Our solution: building intelligence for rooftop solar projects. By combining geospatial analysis of satellite imagery with big data and artificial intelligence, Solar AI empowers solar sales teams to discover qualified leads and prioritize their sales efforts for rooftop solar.
Solar AI is a seed stage start-up funded by and incubated as part of ENGIE Factory, the dedicated venture arm for ENGIE Group in Asia-Pacific with a mission to accelerate the transition to zero-carbon. Our founding team came from backgrounds of working with technology companies and start-ups across the world.
Find out more at https://getsolar.ai and https://apac.engiefactory.com.
As a Full Stack Web Developer with Solar AI, you will support our Lead Product Engineer in the product development of ourbuilding intelligence web app, our solar assessment tool and related services and applications. As an early employee in a fast-growing start-up, you’ll have the opportunity to take ownership in shaping the company’s direction, as well as grow and scale a team focused on the mission of a transition towards 100% renewables.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Design, development and implementation of web application
- Assist with the creation of the full system pipeline and architecture
- Integrate AI modules into batch and realtime processes
- Promote best practices (TDD, PR, clean code, scrum)
The skills we’re looking for
- Experience in development using Node.js and React.js/Next.js
- Knowledge of differents databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB)
… with bonus points for the following
- Experience working with AWS and serverless framework
- Knowledge and experience with GraphQL API
- Experience working through cross-browser compatibility issues and responsive design
- Enthusiastic about best practices with a product-driven mindset and ability to think like the end users
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices, testing, design patterns and documentation
- Experience working with Agile software development frameworks (scrum, kanban, etc.)
- Strong growth mindset
Employment type and location
This is a fully remote position, supporting our Lead Product Engineer based out of Singapore. please note that this position requires an overlap with GMT+08:00 hours.
How to apply
We encourage interested applicants to write a short cover note stating why you want to join us. Please apply with your CV and cover note. We review applications on a rolling basis, and unfortunately may only reach out to shortlisted applicants. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Solar AI Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.