We are looking for a skilled Full-stack (WordPress) Developer to work closely with a client’s web development and software design teams to create plugins, modify themes, and add custom code to the existing WordPress-based website. The developer will also be responsible for creating innovative solutions to web development. This is part-time remote job for 5-10 hours/week. Must be willing to match some of their working hours to EST timezone.
Our company, Twassistant (twassistant.com), based in Canada, employs talented freelancers from all over the world to work on our global team. We remotely assist with the business challenges of our North American clients: administrative assistance, programming, data entry, marketing and more.
- WordPress web development including major theme modifications, creating plugins from scratch and adding custom code
- Regularly advise on and execute improvements, updates
- Maintain a good grasp of industry-standard practices and UX trends in order to advise about the most effective interface options
- Regularly participate in web development team calls to coordinate efforts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years’ full-stack web development
- Proven experience with creating and modifying WordPress websites
- Proven experience using PHP for front-end and back-end development
- Bonus: experience working with clients overseas
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Available to work part of the day during EST Timezone
- Because of the nature of the job, we hope to hire an evangelical Christian
- Strong internet connection
- Must provide links to websites with description of contribution and tools used
- Remote (Work-from-home) job
- Approximately 5-10 hours per week
- Working hours are not fixed, but the developer will need to be available for various calls and tasks at certain times throughout the week
- Needs to be able to consistently work part of the workday in the EST time zone
- Interviews will be conducted via Skype video calls.