Fundraising & Communications Specialist
BagoSphere Group, Singapore & Philippines
Seniority Level: Mid-level
Job Function: Fundraising, Communications
Reporting to: CEO
BagoSphere upskills job seekers and workers with in-demand human skills.
Our goal is to make human skills development accessible for any person seeking a better life. In developing economies, job seekers and workers lack human skills that employers need. As a result, they have low confidence, poor skills, and struggle with employment. BagoSphere provides guidance at every stage of launching their careers. We have created an online support system and human-skills education that makes them more likely to be employed and be promoted faster.
BagoSphere has won multiple awards from MIT-Solve, Ashoka, UBS, Frontier Innovators and has partnered with Globe Telecom, the National University of Singapore, elea Foundation, Fossil Foundation, and Julius Baer Foundation to transform a new generation of workers ready for the next generation of business. We are also on the Stanford Social Innovation Review, Devex, Guardian.
As a Fundraising & Communications Specialist, you will support the CEO in meeting both philanthropic and impact investment fundraising goals. You will work closely with the CEO on fundraising strategy, communications, and operations, a rare opportunity to learn directly with the CEO and make a direct impact to the mission of serving disadvantaged youth.
Fast forward 1 year. Here’s what we think a successful Fundraising & Communications Specialist would have accomplished in a year
- You helped us raise donor funding for BagoSphere to scale our career preparation program by 3x helping 600+ youth gain employment and reaching 50k youths in our online community.
- You helped the company build relationships with high-profile individuals, angels, and institutional donors together with our strategic partner, Ateneo de Manila. These relationships that you have built materialize into both funding and in-kind supporting partners.
- You developed first-hand experience working in a hybrid social enterprise, having built a perspective at a strategic and operational level. At the same time, you would have built a solid track record of fundraising and communications, plus a wealth of valuable contacts and relationships.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
A. Fundraising & Network Building (40%)
- Identify, engage, cultivate and solicit individual, foundation, and corporate donors to secure five- and six-figure gifts, and develop partnerships with financial and non-financial components.
- Form and maintain relationships with donors, and key philanthropic connecting institutions such as foundations, corporations, government agencies, HNW individuals
- Manage all donor and partner relationships, implementing and embedding an invigorated donor journey and rigorous stewardship practices to ensure consistency.
B. Operations & Communications (40%)
- Performs the duties of a writer, including developing persuasive project-specific and grant applications, decks, letters of inquiry, and business plans. Writes, edits, and finalizes these documents for the CEO’s review, on time, complete, and of high quality.
- Interacts with the rest of the team to prepare grant requests, budgets, timelines, and reports.
- Prepares case for support/investment briefs - a well-written, compelling proposition that highlights everything a donor or investor needs to know to make an informed decision about a gift/investment.
- Prepares Impact Reports and Newsletters for donors and partners on the progress of our work overall.
- Working with marketing, provides messaging on other mediums such as our website, thank you notes, emails, pitches, and social media.
- Develop, refine and manage the pipeline of donors and prospects, championing the use of a CRM.
- Coordinate, track and report on fundraising progress against target(s), preparing reports and delivering presentations to the CEO.
C. Strategic Leadership (20%)
- Provide guidance on messaging and the donor experience journey
- Collaborate with the leadership team to develop an optimistic, yet manageable KPI framework as the basis for fundraising performance management.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in fundraising and/or communications. (**negotiable if no experience in fundraising but have to demonstrate very strong interpersonal, communication skills and ability to learn fast**)
- Cultivating and securing at least five-figure funding from donors. (only if there’s experience, see above point)
- A record of success in establishing financial goals, organizing and implementing strategies, analyzing and identifying problems, and formulating creative solutions.
- Excellent communication skills with superior English fluency, as used in various platforms (face-to-face, email, calls).
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Exceptional relationship-building skills, particularly in cross-cultural backgrounds.
- Founded/co-founded a profit/non-profit project in University or as a side-project, and has achieved sales/fundraising/business development goals
- High levels of computer literacy, as well as proficiency in donor/client management databases (e.g. Salesforce), Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and related Google tools.
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills and ability to implement and follow through on plans.
- Excellent negotiation and conflict management skills, critical thinking, well developed problem-solving and decision-making skills.