GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute .
Location - This position is 100% remote, based in APAC.
The General Ledger Accounting team are responsible for providing timely and accurate month end close financials, that are GAAP compliant.
Don’t have a ton of knowledge about GitLab yet? Don’t worry. We have an extensive onboarding and training program at GitLab and you will be provided with necessary DevOps and GitLab knowledge to fulfill your role.
- Ensure proper accounting policies and principles are followed in accordance with GAAP
- Understand how to perform a flux analysis for month end that summarizes and tells the "story" of the activity.
- Understand the activity for 2 of the 5 areas of the company organization (Marketing, G&A, R&D, Sales, COS) and the related month end accounting processes.
- Ensure compliance of Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 key controls in the financial areas of responsibility, as applicable.
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Provide account detail and support and explain variances to internal stakeholders.
- Work with and support the accounting team in day-to-day activities, special projects, and workflow process improvements
- Support overall department goals and objectives
- Work with operations and other areas to ensure accruals are properly captured
- Assist with other accounting projects
- This position reports to the Sr. Accounting Manager.
- 3-5 years public accounting experience
- Have or actively pursuing CPA
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and/or Google Docs and Sheets
- Experience working with international subsidiaries, including statutory reporting requirements, strongly preferred
- Flexible to meet changing priorities and the ability to prioritize workload to achieve on time accurate results
- Detail-oriented, self-directed and able to effectively complete tasks with minimal supervision
- You share our values , and work in accordance with those values.
- Ability to use GitLab
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page .
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap . You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
To view the full job description and hiring process, please view our handbook . Additional details about our process can also be found on our hiring page .
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law . If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation , please let us know during the recruiting process .