The position of General Manager ( Supermarket & Retail Operations ) is responsible for all retail stores activities consists of developing, implementing and executing the overall operational strategy of the store business and the effective management of all retail staff across several retail outlets.
- Develop and implement operational policies and procedures to drive the productivity, profitability and customer satisfaction of all GMP stores.
- Responsible for the smooth running of the operations to maximize sales and minimize costs and maintaining the store at optimum sales productivity by making sure all items are in stock and shelved properly throughout
- the stores and in the store rooms
- Visit retail shops regularly to ensure efficient and effective management as well as high performance sales and also ensure all performance issues and other issues within the shop are addressed in appropriate and
- timely manner
- Develop policies for the merchandising of goods in retail stores and monitor inventory levels to determine the need for stock supply at each retail outlet
- Ensure compliance with health & safety policies and procedures at retail sites
- Evaluate operational and financial records to determine Sales Performance of a retail store and preparing & managing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual operational reports to GMP Management
- Deal with complaints from customers promptly and efficiently to maintain the company reputation
- Provide training to retail employees to develop the skills and enhance their job performance in Sales, Merchandising, Stock Management, Inventory Control, Customer Services, Cashier and other relevant skills.
- Work closely with other departments to align the company’s Sales, Marketing, Branding & support strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field (MBA is a plus)
- Overall knowledge of retail industry and retail store operations
- Minimum 5 years of experience as retail manager or in another managerial position in Retail fields.
- Good command of English ( 4 skills ) and proficiency in Microsoft Office and basic IT skill, plus a knowledge of retail management software preferred
- Multitasking and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.