The world is changing. We all want something different.
At Luno, we see you as an individual, and we want to unleash your potential and empower you to become the best possible version of yourself.
Luno welcomes crypto lovers and crypto newbies. You - just like everyone in the world - are on your own unique crypto-learning journey.
We are a mission-driven cryptocurrency company that is building more open and equal access to the future of money. You don’t have to know lots about crypto to be interested in joining us, you just have to feel that upgrading the world to a fairer financial system matters, and that you’d like to be part of this global change. We’re a passionate and committed team taking on a challenge of epic proportions. Like the first moon landing, it requires a special kind of people working together with unusual skill, focus and determination. We need the best team on board for our mission.
If that sounds like a culture you’d thrive in, then we are excited to hear from you.
A little about us
- Luno means moon in Esperanto, we chose the name because at night, wherever you are in the world, you look up at the same moon. We believe in the power of working together, as one team, across borders, with clear focus and shared purpose.
- Our popular mobile app and website helps people around the world grow and manage their money using the world's most mature cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Ethereum and USDC. We’ve processed over $21 billion to date.
- Over 9 million customers across 40 countries have chosen to hold their crypto wallets on Luno because we offer a delightfully simple experience and bank-grade security.
- We're part of the Digital Currency Group, named in 2021 as one of TIME magazine’s 100 Most Influential Companies, in the “Disruptors” category alongside Tesla, AirBnB, SpaceX, Peloton. TIME noted that DCG is “mainstreaming cryptocurrency”.
- We’re proud to be one of the world’s most international cryptocurrency teams, with colleagues from 43 different nationalities working across South Africa, Indonesia, the United Kingdom, Malaysia, Nigeria, Australia and Singapore. Financial inclusion is part of our mission, but on a deeper level, inclusion is a way of life, and a way of work for us. It is part of who we are as a company, and a group of human individuals.
Your mission will involve
- Working with our Creative Director to implement our new marketing design system across all local content, balancing two equally important objectives with skill and diplomacy: global coherence and local relevance.
- In order to drive a step change in the quality and ambition of our visual brand a full Luno rebrand is coming soon, so this is a career-defining opportunity to help shape and execute a new, world-class brand design system from the ground up.
- Help hire and then directly manage a new distributed and remote team of junior to mid-level marketing designers that will sit in all of our major markets around the world - Malaysia and Indonesia to begin with - many more to come very soon. This team will be key to scaling our global marketing reach and supporting the local relevance of our marketing content as we do so.
- As team lead, it will be your responsibility to foster a sense of team belonging and shared purpose in a remote team working across cultures, geographic locations and time zones.
- Inspire, create and sustain a culture of craft excellence and be both coach and player, enabling your team to consistently deliver high impact design that builds brand trust, recall and drives conversion across multiple different design canvases, from social video content to printed flyers.
- Work with our Brand Production Manager to continuously develop processes and systems that support efficient design workflow at scale, for example rituals, reviews, tooling decisions, asset libraries, templates, playbooks, toolkits or other effective collaboration and efficiency solutions.
- This role can be based in any of our APAC locations (Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore or Australia)
The ideal Lunaut will have
- A world-class portfolio of integrated/omni-channel marketing content, work in social video content is particularly desirable.
- A strong marketing and growth acumen and appetite to use your design craft to help build a leading global brand on social media
- Experience across a wide range of other marketing channels, including events, partnerships and sponsorships, flyers etc
- A demonstrable track record of experience in design and art direction, including design team management and in-house design experience.
- Experience with rapid-growth or scaling tech business is highly desirable.
- Proven ability to build effective design teams, design creative operations that solve business problems and lead design work that meets real commercial and marketing needs.
- Best-in-class technical proficiency, desire to be both coach and player, and willingness to do hands-on design work alongside your design team.
Luno is a ‘remote but reachable’ company! At Luno, we trust that people can do their work effectively anywhere and provide Lunauts with the flexibility to decide where they do their best work. For some of us, that’s at home for the majority of the time, for others, that might mean joining other Lunauts in person at one of our Luno workspaces more often. Luno is built on our relationships, so we still value in-person connection and have a minimum expectation of spending time in person once a quarter. So as long as you are based in one country with a Luno workspace, we want to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.