At Devex, our vision is to do more good for more people by being the media platform for the global development community. As a social enterprise, we connect and inform development, health, humanitarian and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence, and funding and career opportunities, to name a few. Today, we reach over 1 million aid workers and development professionals, and we can't wait to make it even more.
We live our mission and bring our world-class academic and professional experience to work every day to change the world. When you become a Devexer, you’re not only joining a global company but a team of 120+ people who embody our guiding principles:
- We champion global development professionals.
- We focus on impact.
- We embrace transformation.
- We work together.
- We feel urgency.
The Devex Talent Solutions team is the leading provider of recruiting services to the global development community. Through our unique suite of services, we help organizations like UNICEF, UNHCR and the World Bank, ADB, along with leading international NGOs and development consulting firms quickly and efficiently identify and attract top talent for their positions around the world.
As our recruiting services become more popular than ever, we seek to expand our community of freelance recruitment consultants to assist with both short-term and long-term projects.
Do you have 3-5 years of experience in sourcing or recruitment activities? Are you excited to be a part of a dynamic company that’s mission-driven and has an open, teamwork-focused culture? Read on.
You’re a resourceful and deadline-oriented recruiter who has a knack for finding excellent candidates for hard-to-fill positions, understands the nuance of international development hiring, and has a passion for connecting top talent to organizations doing good around the world. You thrive in an environment where you're responsible for your own work (but you get the support you need).
You’re super organized, love to see a project through from start to finish, and have the research, outreach and customer service skills to engage with multicultural talent at all career levels, including executive. Plus, you’re tech savvy and know Google Suite (docs, sheets, etc.) and Excel.
Does this sound like you? If you just said "yes," keep reading...
What you'll do here
If you've read this far, we know that you want to know more. What will you do as the Global Development and Recruiting Consultant?
The Global Development and Recruiting Consultant is expected to:
- Identify and contact top candidates using different sources (i.e. Devex.com, LinkedIn, internet research, etc.)
- Assist in scoping calls with hiring managers to discuss vacancy announcements and ideal candidate profile
- Co-develop recruitment strategies including identifying target profiles, organizations and institutions for outreach
- Conduct pre-screening interviews with candidates
- Assess each candidate's qualifications and experience against profile-specific criteria outlined in a scorecard
- Write a detailed assessment of each candidate's soft skills and competencies for reports
Here are the indicators that this could be a good role for you:
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field (human resources, communications, international development)
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Experience in sourcing or recruitment. You’re proficient in advance sourcing tools and methods such as Boolean logic, internet research, and social media sourcing
- Have strong internet connection (this is a remote role)
Besides the basics, here’s what we’d love to see you have experience in:
- Using LinkedIn Recruiter
- International development recruiting
What We Offer You
Being part of the Devex team is a partnership. We strive to make Devex a place where you can thrive and do your most inspirational work. Here are a few benefits we offer:
- Consultants can be based anywhere in the Philippines provided you have a computer, stable internet connection, and a can-do spirit
- No bureaucracy here: you’ll get to own your work and will get the support you need
- Flexible hours and the ability to accept assignments as available
We encourage applications from all backgrounds! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Devex. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Ready to get started? Apply now! Interviews will begin the week of August 17th, and we’ll continue to accept new applications until an offer is accepted.