If you are motivated to succeed and can see yourself in this role, please complete our application. We will follow up with you on the next steps in the interview process.
Our associates are a strategic advantage for us who are making a difference at Littelfuse. Join our team and make a difference every day!
Reporting to Product Management Director, you will work as Global Product Manager to drive the strategic direction of significant, multiple product lines that are key to the future of the business unit, monitor and manage profitability of product lines and ensure that product lines fit Littelfuse strategy, identify customer needs, market gaps, and feature viability of product lines, with a global perspective, be responsible to maintain a competitive position in the marketplace that are key to the business unit.
About The Job
- Define pricing strategy for assigned products to support pricing and revenue goals
- Review performance regularly and define and implement actions as necessary to drive top line growth and/or return product margins to required levels
- Support and lead product rationalization , as required by profit profitability, product strategy and supplier strategy.
- Work with sales & customers to assess future demand forecast and provide this input to Operations (for capacity and demand management).
- Coordinate and ensure that product development /change requests are implemented according to required processes and customer notification / responses are tracked.
- Actively drive and participate in cost reduction initiatives
- Own and drive the product strategy for product lines
- Create and maintain a product roadmap with input from Internal sources (Sales, Engineering) and external (customers, competition, technology trends)
- Identify & stay abreast of technology trends that impacting product development space (opportunistic and erosive) and update management of the likely impact on an as needed basis
- Support the creation / evolution of market models and other mechanisms that help illustrate the market (size, growth, assess competitive position, and opportunities)
- Support the definition / evolution of the Industrial Business Unit Strategy, as needed
- Drive engineering and sales in the development of new products according to the Product Roadmap and company strategy .
- Understand needs, opportunities, and capabilities to create product specifications and requirement documentation and integrate into the product development process
- Work with Sales, Engineering and Marcom to ensure that emerging and new products have sufficient product support material, prototypes, early samples and documentation to commensurate with the opportunity and stage in product development
- Create product readiness checklists for each new product and drive this to completion with each new product release
- Support and participate in sales release process in a timely manner
- Participate in Sales activities on an as needed basis, including: Customer visits, lunch & learns, presentations, etc.
- Support sales in responding to quotes and requests for proposals
- Participate in trade shows, technology forums, and other events, as needed
- Provide 2nd level (tier 2) product support and answers to customers on product related topics: work with Sales, QA, Engineering, and Operations to help ensure that a sufficient level of support is available to customers to commensurate with the need / opportunity
- Bachelor or university degree in a technical field
- MBA preferred
- 10+ years of experience
- Management experience
- Deep knowledge of product management practices
- Experience with global manufacturing companies preferred
- Advanced knowledge in MS Office
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Self-starter, ability to team effectively with all levels and departments of an organization, and a bias for action.