In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Bristol, UK; Grenoble FR; Oslo NO; and Singapore. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
Seeking a highly motivated individual for a Graduate Software Support Engineer position. This role will be providing remote, post-sales, software technical support, in order to resolve ForgeRock mission critical customer technical problems in a timely and effective manner.
We are looking for recent graduates or soon to be graduates to join us. You don't need to be a pro in Identity and Access Management, and you don't need to know everything about Java. But we do need you to meet us in the middle!
If you have graduated recently or are soon to be graduating with a degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or similar then you are already halfway there! We do need applicants to have some understanding of the tools we use and be comfortable with Linux/Windows server operating systems, experience with web and application server (i.e. Apache/Tomcat) troubleshooting and some shell scripting skills.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Direct interaction with ForgeRock customers, helping them identify and resolve technical issues with ForgeRock products.
- Create concise problem definitions for all tickets about the configuration and administration of ForgeRock products, reporting bugs when encountered.
- Develop customer facing support documentation, when appropriate, to summarise common support issues.
- Collaborate with wider Product Support, Sustaining and Engineering teams to identify root cause and solutions.
- Ensure best practices are followed and processes are adhered to, especially with regard to compliance, security incidents and data breaches.
- Willingness to learn and acquire new technical skills required for the role.
- Weekend, public holidays and on call duties as required.
If you find yourself checking off most of the below, this could be the position for you!
- Excellent Communication - both verbal and written; support is conducted via web-based ticketing system and over web conferencing
- Ability to decipher customer issues analytically and troubleshoot logically
- Ability to work on Linux, Unix & Windows Enterprise Server OS, with mixed skills around administration and troubleshooting
- Solid understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet. You should have a solid knowledge of protocols such as HTTP, SSL and IPv4/v6
- Knowledge of Java, web containers (e.g. Tomcat, JBoss) and web servers (e.g. Apache, IIS)
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Ability to be a good listener, identify key customer information and reproduce customer problems in house
- Cloud-based platform services - AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- DevOps deployments - Docker, Scripting, Kubernetes
- Networking infrastructure - Proxies, Load balancers, Firewalls
- Directory - LDAP, AD
- Database - SQL, PostgreSQL
Life At ForgeRock
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’re growing quickly, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most importantly, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day.
Here are just a few of the things that make ForgeRock special:
- A company culture that empowers you to do your best work.
- Employee Resource Groups that create a sense of belonging for everyone.
- Regular company and team bonding events.
- Competitive benefits and perks.
- Recognition programs that reward employees with meaningful experiences.
- Global volunteering and community initiatives
ForgeRock is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected and everyone has an Identity. In recruiting for new colleagues, we welcome the unique contributions you can bring and encourage you to be your best self.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.