Are you passionate about social change and making the world a bit better place? Do you have experience with USAID and donor reporting? Are you brilliant at working remotely? Then consider applying at Love Frankie to be our new Grants Manager!
This role is full-time, remote work with a preference for Asia-Pacific timezones. Flexible hours but must be willing to have at least 4 hours overlap during working hours with UTC +7.
Love Frankie is a Bangkok-based behavioural agency that focuses on positive and meaningful social change. We use strategic communications, story-telling and creative campaigns to challenge norms and create new pathways for change. Our agency combines robust research, creative approaches, and deep local insights to create culturally relevant, targeted initiatives for our clients.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the Grants Manager will be responsible for administering grants, contracts, proposal submissions and procurement processes related to Love Frankie’s public sector and international development portfolio. The Grants Manager will ensure that donor-funded initiatives designed and implemented by Love Frankie are accountable and compliant with relevant donor rules, regulations and policies.
The ideal candidate will have substantial knowledge of international development donor reporting systems and financial accountability requirements, as well as the ability to work effectively and independently across teams from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Track project milestones, tranche payments and expenditure across international development donor-funded initiatives.
- Develop administrative reporting for international development donor-funded initiatives.
- Support sound financial tracking and forecasts of project implementation in tandem with the finance team.
- Coordinate proposal development and submission processes for international development and/or public sector funding opportunities.
- Draft non-technical portions of proposals, budgets, narratives, and review with internal team members against call requirements.
- Work closely with project leads to ensure that Love Frankie’s donor-funded initiatives are accountable and compliant with relevant donor rules, regulations and policies.
- Assist with and, as needed, manage procurement processes for donor-funded initiatives implemented by Love Frankie.
- Provide ad-hoc communications with donors, including providing support with other direct donor communications as required and delegate requests across technical leads as needed.
- Support with audit preparation and incident reporting.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, international relations, development studies or other relevant fields
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in project and/or grants management for major bilateral or multilateral donors in the Asia-Pacific region
- Substantive knowledge of development agency reporting requirements, especially USAID and prime contractors. Experience with other development funders including UN agencies, DFAT, DFID, and the EU is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage project budgets, including the ability to accurately track expenditures
- Demonstrated ability to track and manage several projects and processes simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate proposal submissions for bilateral and multilateral donor funding opportunities
- Articulate, professional, and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner
- Perfect fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Exceptional cross-cultural communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and independently in a remote setting
- Fluency in other languages spoken across Asia-Pacific a plus (Thai, Bahasa Indonesia, Burmese, Malay dialects, Tagalog, Lao, Vietnamese, etc.)
- Willingness to travel at least biannually to Thailand or regional locations for team and partner meetings (post-COVID restrictions)
Love Frankie provides a strongly competitive compensation package, including a fully remote working environment, health insurance, an unlimited leave policy (within the limits of national legislation), compensated opportunities for staff development and training, and a deeply collaborative, kind, working environment.
If you don’t meet all of the criteria above but believe you would still be a fit for the role and Love Frankie, please consider applying anyway.
Love Frankie encourages individuals from all nationalities, locations, backgrounds, experiences and identities to apply.. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, so please send in a CV ASAP!