At Speetar we are a forward-looking, dynamic and diverse team of dedicated healthcare providers, engineers, and business leaders, bringing 50+ years of professional experience in global health access, policy, and social innovation, with a proven track record spanning across leading tech, nonprofit and humanitarian organizations such as Harvard Medical School, MIT, WorldBank, Google, Airbnb, Walmart Ventures, and the Danish Refugee Council.
We are on a mission to transform the healthcare delivery system as we know it. Through leveraging advanced telehealth technologies and a new scalable delivery model we seek to break down the economic, social, and geographic barriers that continue to limit the access of underserved patients to quality and timely medical care.
Our work has been featured by Forbes, the BBC, Aspen Innovators, Aljazeera, PRI, PRX, WGBH, StartupScene MENA, and The New Humanitarian among other local and global outlets.
We are guided by our values and driven by a passion to improve healthcare:
- We are passionate about taking care of others.
- We are committed to unsurpassed quality.
- We strive to have an impact and drive value.
- We stand up for what's right.
- We lead with integrity, accountability, and transparency.
- We respect each other, value diversity, and succeed together.
- Compensation packages will include base salary, equity option, and goal-based commission/bonus.
- Flexible work hours and open vacation policy.
- Cultural and team building events.
- Excellent communication (English/Arabic) and interpersonal skills.
- Able to function in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment and meet deadlines under extreme pressure.
- Able to participate in all designated team meetings as scheduled.
- Must possess excellent time-management skills, well-organized, and self-motivated.
- Able to work independently and also as part of a team of 5-15.
- Comfortable recommending process changes to better achieve a better experience for members.
- Proficient in technology including applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel. Familiarity with the following communication and task management applications: Google Sheets, Whatsapp, Slack and Jira
- For non-clinical team roles, an understanding of medical terminology is preferred but not needed.
- Participate as required in business/healthcare and organization outreach events.
- Ability to mentor and coach more junior team members.
- Entrepreneurial DNA.
What you’ll be doing:
- Oversee fundraising planning and implementation.
- Identify resource requirements and perform relevant research to identify available government and private funding opportunities and determine company eligibility requirements.
- Prepare and submit competitive grant proposals.
- Administer fundraising records and documentation and ensure compliance with grant requirements.
- Establish strategies to approach funders and investors.
- Provide fundraising support to the CEO and Board of Directors when reaching out to and engaging funding sources.
- Keep the relevant staff informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring a smooth completion of work responsibilities.
- Provide detailed reports to the funders and the Board of Directors with respect to the organization's progress.
- Monitor paperwork and other related documents connected with grant-funded programs
- Support the Executive Team with role relevant ad-hoc tasks or projects.
- Supervise/Work with staff accountant to:
- Oversee invoicing, accounting, reporting, and other financial functions to ensure the successful execution of grant process.
- Prepare financial or budget plans and allocation along with the planning and finance department in accordance with each requirement
- Analyze the budget trends and make recommendations for cost control and reduction for various grants.
- Maintain records of all payments and receivables and prepare monthly records for all grant-related activities.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher is required.
- At least 3 years of experience and a track record in institutional fundraising and grant writing is required.
- Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills used and developed in a fundraising setting. A track record in successfully securing resources.
- Ability to write creatively. To be concise, vivid, and compelling through storytelling and data.
- Ability to pair a narrative with reality through data and research.
- Detail-oriented, accurate, and thorough.
- Must have the ability to impose structure, be planful, and set-up recurring routines with a focus on timelines and deadlines.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret funder grant criteria & regulations
- Ability to interpret funder criteria, values, and intentions.
- Ability to construct budgets and compile financial reports for grant requests and reports.
- Exceptional presentation and time management skills.
- Willingness to advocate for the clinical importance of virtual care.
- A degree in finance/accounting is preferred (but not required).
Measures of performance:
- Number of applications submitted.
- Number of applications funded.
- 100% funder compliance and timeliness of funder reports.
- Accurate and complete internal reports –grant performance, activities, and demographics.
Speetar Chief Executive Officer
Task-based, 6-month Contract, Remote