At Canva, we empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone on any platform. Inspired by a team of talented creatives, an amazing culture, and remarkable growth trajectory—we’re one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are hoping to do!
If you’d love to create stunning marketing creative for our award-winning mobile apps that will be seen and loved by millions of users across 190 different countries, join us! We’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
About the specialty/subspecialty
The Design Specialty in Manila aims to be the best design company in the world. That starts with hiring the best people and best designers to support the different teams in Canva.
Performance Marketing is a team supported by the Brand Creative subspecialty of the Design Specialty. The team is also under the Marketing & Engagement group. Performance Marketing ensures that internal and external communications are on-brand and helps provide design support across marketing teams.
About the role:
The Graphic Designer for Performance Marketing 's goal is to work closely alongside our Creative team to help produce B2B campaigns for our paid marketing channels, and create moving user stories from around the globe.
You’ll thrive in a fast-moving, fluid environment, and be passionate about shaping user-centric products, communications, and working with diverse groups of people across the organisation to achieve your goals. You’ll be an experienced professional who thinks strategically, but is also prepared to roll up your sleeves and get things done. You’ll have experience in all aspects of paid social advertising from ideation to production.
What you will be working on..
- Design static ad creatives Partner with our B2B channel and 3rd party agency for our paid channels mainly for our B2B campaigns on Facebook, IG, Google, LinkedIn and Affiliates channels.
- Storyboarding and producing hero imagery to be used in our video creatives. They will work closely with the motion and video squad.
- Localise static ad creatives for our paid channels mainly for our B2B campaigns on Facebook, IG, Google, LinkedIn and Affiliates channels.
- Creating customized decks for different initiatives of Performance Marketing
- Occasionally design and illustrate for internal or external PH events
- You’ll work as part of our Performance Creative team, supporting the visual comms squad. This role will cover a wide range of creative responsibilities from ideation, storyboarding, layout and art direction.
- You will be part of a vibrant and friendly creative studio, producing engaging ad creatives for our various paid marketing efforts. You’ll have the opportunity to participate in defining how performance marketing looks at Canva, delivering a wide variety of creative campaigns for our paid social channels.
About the candidate...
- 1-2+ years experience as a graphic designer, creating a diverse range of branding and advertising campaigns. Fresh grads are welcome!
- Good grasp of brand thinking, can easily understand the Canva visual language and tone of the brand.
- A strong portfolio or reel demonstrating your passion for graphic design, branding and advertising.
- Strong visual communication skills, layout experience from typography and colour theory which you can use effectively in producing engaging ad creatives.
- The confidence to try new things, and a passion for big ideas and storytelling
- Good communication skills to collaborate with remote creative teams, and be able to sell ideas on creative brainstorms.
- The ability to work collaboratively in a creative team environment;
- Diligence to hit deadlines, and offer suggestions to streamline and improve team processes.
- Working knowledge in Advanced Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Basic Adobe Premiere & After Effects. Knowledge in Figma or Sketch is a bonus!
While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes – ya gotta have hustle!
Competencies for success
- We shortlist by reviewing not just your CV but more importantly, your portfolio. Quality over quantity matters more to us - so best to show us your best and most relevant graphic design works – throw in those layouts, social media posts, and even branding projects!
- You’re a hustler! You are adaptable and can work independently juggling the delivery of design projects and producing high-quality content.
- You’re unafraid to get your hands dirty! You’re a senior designer who can give out briefs, at the same time, create high-quality designs.
Hear more about our culture, the work we do in the Design specialty, straight from our Manila Designers! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWDmIBaU3bY
What you'll love in Canva...
- Equity options in one of the fastest-growing startups in the world
- Fitness membership
- In-house chef
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations