About the business:
LAI Games is a leading developer of arcade games and products used in entertainment venues around the world.
With roots that reach back to 1958, we have decades of experience working across international markets, and a reputation for innovation and integrity. We design unique, accessible, and creative games and experiences for players in arcades and at home.
We're a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth.
Why Join Us:
BE PART OF AN INNOVATIVE, INDUSTRY LEADING TEAM
LAI Games has a game portfolio comprised of video games, Virtual Reality experiences, mobile applications, ticket redemption games, and more. Our goal is to craft the most engaging, rewarding and innovative games and experiences in the out of home entertainment space, including arcades, barcades, bowling alleys and family entertainment centres. This commitment to innovation is demonstrated by the consistent launch of category-defining, award-winning titles such as Speed of Light, Snapshot, Let’s Bounce, HYPERshoot, and Virtual Rabbids: The Big Ride.
About the role:
Our talented development team consists of passionate gamers, driven to make the most fun, engaging and rewarding games and experiences for our players. This team is growing, and we’re seeking an exceptional Graphic Designer to join us in creating and marketing a new Virtual Reality game. This is a short-term contract, with the potential to become a full-time role.
As part of the game development team, you will work closely with our artists, designers, software engineers, web developers, and Marketing team to create awesome production and promotional assets for our games. As part of our creative team, you’ll be working on a full array of tasks from key art, screenshots, landing pages, UI assets, logos, and more.
You’ll have some of the highest quality concepting and hands-on design skills around. A forward thinker with strong typography skills, deep understanding of colour theory, layout, and an extraordinary eye for composition, you will help drive the brand visual identity for multiple products.
Delivering big things in a small team, you’ll drive the hands-on production of assets for a variety of formats, delivering high-quality content within reasonable time frames, as well as helping to facilitate the successful implementation across multiple media platforms.
- Work with designers, artists, marketing, and production teams to determine and plan the scope of a visual project.
- Create assets that establish, embolden and glorify our brands.
- Develop graphics for product promotion, logos, websites, social media outlets, in-game branding, print, and internal projects.
- Select colours, images, text style, and layout for multiple applicable mediums.
- Present design and layout ideas to marketing for approval and execution.
- Review designs for errors or additions before approval, publishing, and/or print.
- Maintain a continued archive of images, logos, photos, and related items.
- Work closely with the games team throughout execution of an idea or initiative.
Skills and experience:
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- An obvious talent for artistic design and a penchant for creativity
- Superb time-management skills that allow you to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Excellent communication skills that will allow you to effectively confirm and express information to the marketing and games teams
- A working knowledge of page layouts, both print and web
- Strong interest in the video game and graphic design industries; marketing, trends, and innovations.
- Experience in video production, After Effects, motion graphics or 3D animation a plus.
- 1-2 years of video game industry experience a plus
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required (e.g. website, blog or online album)
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible options.