An Group CFO is responsible for managing SSS company’s financial actions. The responsibilities of a chief financial officer include providing reports to management regarding financial information, ensuring that all records are accurate, and creating an economic forecast. Other duties include evaluating liquidity and risk to make good investments, creating an economic strategy and budget, acting as the controller of the vehicle company’s money, and overseeing accounting operations. The CFO is responsible for all of the company’s financial departments.
- Providing leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team
- Providing strategic recommendations to the CEO/president and members of the executive management team
- Managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting
- Advising on long-term business and financial planning
- Establishing and developing relations with senior management and external partners and stakeholders
- Drive the company’s financial planning, IPO process.
- Perform risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments
- Decide on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks
- Control and evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans and capital structure
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organization’s operations
- Supervise all finance personnel (controllers, treasurers etc.)
- Manage vendor relationships
- Prepare reliable current and forecasting reports
- Set up and oversee the company’s finance IT system
- Ensure compliance with the law and company’s policies
- Manage team of financial controllers and financial analysts.
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures and monitoring systems that support the company's strategic direction
The role of CFO is very senior, hence a high level of experience is expected for anyone applying for this role. A Bachelor’s degree in the following will be expected for this role:
- Finance or Economics
- An MBA or CPA is also highly desirable. At least 10 years' experience in the finance industry and managing a team is a must – with examples of when they have demonstrated excellence in the workplace. At least 5 years’ experience in automotive fields. A CFO must display a cohesive ability at interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written. They must be able to engage with staff at all levels of the organization and exercise sound judgement.