Our client is looking for a strong Accountant for their Senior Team with 10-15 years experience to join their winning team.
The candidate will preferably have strong experience in the retail industry and will oversee bookkeeping, financial reports, and cash management.
- Manage, oversee, and at times directly implement in order to effectively lead the accounting team to deliver strong, consistent results.
- Oversee bookkeeping, financial reports, and cash management and other core accounting areas.
- Oversee preparation of asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries.
- Oversee maintenance of subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Manage maintenance of general ledgers by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Summarize financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Avoid legal challenges by complying with legal requirements.
- Secure financial information by completing database backups.
- Protect the organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Prepare accurate, timely financial statements in accordance with our established schedule and with input from the rest of the accounting department
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Analyse financial statements for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to the Financial Controller’s attention
- Review all inter-company transactions and generate invoices as necessary
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Delegate financial responsibilities to junior members of the accounting team
- Coordinate semi-annual audits and assist the Financial Controller with conducting audits
- Conduct regular ledger maintenance
Key Senior Accountant Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting (BCom, CPA or ACCA level 2)
- 10+ years’ experience in general or tax accounting
- Highly prefer experience in Retail Industry
- Experience with computerized ledger systems
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and accounting software
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment
- Familiarity with accounting software
- Communication skills in English (i.e. writing and speaking)