Head of Card Operations
Our client is looking for an experienced Manager to build and lead the Card Operations team that will provide exceptional quality of service managing the card products on a daily basis.
- Manage the daily activities of the Bank’s Card Operations team, including payment processing and settlement, card logistics management, vendor management, acquisition, fraud control, collections, dispute and chargeback monitoring
- Build the Card Operations team, including identifying key functions, roles, and responsibilities for card issuance and acquiring.
- Attract, recruit, and retain talented candidates.
- Develop and manage the Card Operations team, including providing training, coaching, and motivating the team to perform at a high level.
- Develop and implement card operations policies, processes, and procedures and ensure adherence to those policies.
- Continually strive to improve the efficiency of card operations processes.
- Define and consistently achieve key milestones and operational and performance targets.
- Partner and effectively collaborate with managers responsible for other card-related functions, including in Products, Technology, Sales, Risk, and Marketing.
- Lead functional teams and ensure delivery of work in accordance with Divisional strategy
- Create effective teams for executional excellence
- Accountable for collaborating across the value chain to execute on Divisional strategy
- Provide others with experiences and opportunities for development
- Organise the Business Unit into effective and functional units
- Lead multiple teams within a Business Unit and ensures delivery of Business Unit strategy
- Appoint, develop, coach and inspire Managers
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field.
- Outstanding leadership skills, including ability to influence key for optimal outcomes.
- Excellent team and people management skills, including ability to inspire and motivate teams to achieve strong performance daily.
- Prior experience successfully leading a department or large team.
- A customer-first attitude and commitment to deliver the highest and best level of service to customers.
- Proven experience working collaboratively across functions, including with Products, Technology, Sales, Risk, and other to drive successful outcomes.
- Excellent attention to detail and demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Can-do attitude, willingness to learn and listen, ability to work independently, and strong drive to get things done.
- At least 10 years financial services experience with 5 years of proven experience in senior card operations or customers service role, with proven ability to build and create best-in-class service delivery.
- Experience with issuing either Mastercard or Visa branded card products.
- Experience with clearing and settlement processes for cards.
- Experience with dispute management and chargeback processes for cards.
- A strong candidate will have experience in card operations, preferably in the Southeast Asia region.