Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world's largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we're growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let's change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution
About the Role
Are you ready to lead? Kraken is a market leader in one of the most innovative and fastest growing industries in the world. We are expanding in multiple dimensions, not least of which is through M&A and strategic investments around the world. With our current Head of Corporate Development taking on an exciting new opportunity internally, we’re now looking to fill this leadership role. This position is core and critical to Kraken’s growth as we look to remain nimble and opportunistic, seeking out innovative, leap-frog deals and new sources of competitive advantage.
As the Head of Corporate Development, you will have the opportunity to help architect and execute on our overall growth strategy, and lead our M&A and strategic investments activities globally. You bring a strong understanding of the crypto industry, significant experience developing and completing deals, and a desire to drive accelerated growth. You’ll have at your disposal a range of resources that you can leverage as you build a top-tier operation and see through the corporate development vision. You’ll work closely with the Chief Commercial Officer, CEO and other key leaders as you source, evaluate and negotiate deals that take Kraken to the next level of expansion, growth and performance.
- Define and drive Kraken’s global M&A and strategic investment strategy
- Actively identify potential acquisition targets, JV and/or investment opportunities to accelerate Kraken’s growth plans
- Own the entire deal process including sourcing, due diligence, contract negotiation, and closing
- Work with leaders across functions, including product management, engineering, legal and marketing throughout the diligence and analysis process
- Negotiate purchase price and deal terms; build financial models to support valuation and establish key benchmarks for post-integration planning
- Work directly with the leadership team to frame and make sound acquisition and investment decisions
- Lead and manage a team of M&A and investment specialists
- 8+ years of experience in corporate development or a related field such as venture capital, investment banking, or strategy consulting
- Strong knowledge of the cryptocurrency industry
- Experience driving multiple business deals through all phases; ability to manage complex negotiations from start to finish
- Excellent analytical skills; experience building DCFs, financial growth models, revenue projections, market data models, etc.
- Technical background or knowledge of software/internet products and services
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to find creative solutions / deal structures
- Strong network in crypto and traditional financial services markets
- Knowledge of global financial regulations; international business experience a plus
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://jobs.lever.co/kraken. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us:
Watch "Working at Kraken"
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn