We are actively seeking a Head of Credit & Collections. The role is responsible for the effective management of the credit and collection functions to ensure Company policies, guidelines and strategies are followed. This position is accountable for overseeing the collections department for credit collections and handling legal and repossession matters.
Additionally, this is a very hands-on role within a lean team and organization. The position is expected to manage collection/dispute activities, build solid working relationships between internal/external customers and continuously improve internal credit and collection processes to incorporate best practices and technical solutions. With the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and uncollectible debt losses, the Head of Credit & Collections will define and execute the credit and collection policies and processes in accordance with guidelines established from the executive management and in partnership with other departments, such as sales, operations, credit risk assessment and customer service. Having the ability to drive automation, directly implement change, and solve problems will be important in this role. Supervisory/Management responsibilities include developing and improving metrics for departmental performance, training (policies, procedures, compliance and skills), coaching, monitoring, counselling and motivating employees to ensure success.
- Supervises daily activities and maximizes efforts of staff in their collection efforts on accounts receivable, with special emphasis on delinquent accounts and determine repossession action required.
- Analyses and assesses credit and collection issues falling outside Company policies and guidelines and determines course of action for resolution.
- Resolves customer disputes and negotiates settlements with customers on receivable issues accounts.
- Prepares regular write off (w/o) schedules and monthly/quarterly bad debt review for submission to senior management.
- Review orders and inquiries for potentially fraudulent activity.
- Work with Finance Team and senior management on fraud prevention and training.
- Provide detailed collection analysis for CFO on delinquent accounts.
- Assesses credit risk and determines the extension of credit for new or existing customers
- Provides robust reporting of Credit & A/R analytics to support strategic and day-to-day operations
- Responsible for the supervision and development of Credit & Collections staff
- Performs other duties as assigned, including those of assigned staff
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience, with minimum 1/2 years in managerial position,
- Bachelor’s degree or Professional qualification relating to Accounting, or Finance, or Commerce,
- Matured and independent and strategic thinker, be commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, insightful and an influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels
- Hands-on work experience with Microsoft Office (excel, word, PowerPoint, teams),
- Independently able to solve issues working together with Operations teams, Auditors, and Regulatory Authorities, and Compliance team,
- Multi-tasking and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Fluent communication skills with both written and verbal in English and Burmese
***Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.***