Growing strong into its 6th year, Proximity School has been training and equipping Proximity Designs' nearly 1000 person team to better serve customers -- rural farm households. As the in-house talent development center of Proximity Designs, we work towards upskilling and reskilling our workforce by using the latest adult learning pedagogies and expertise of in-house social enterprise leaders.
As the new Head of Talent Development (i.e. Head of Proximity School), you will lead and coach the Proximity School team in areas such as training facilitation, blended curriculum and program design, learning analytics and the use of digital tools for learning. You will collaborate with cross-team staff and leadership to be closely in touch with the evolving business and operational needs of the organization and align learning and development programs to our strategy. You will lead the Proximity School team into the next phase of its growth, transforming our talent model into one that can develop our fiercely excellent team members who make an impact on the lives of millions of farmers, even in times of uncertainty.
This is currently a remote-based role with the possibility of relocation to Myanmar once circumstances allow.
Once You’re Here, You Will:
- Develop and execute a winning talent development strategy that will allow Proximity to accelerate its business model and social impact mission and prepare the workforce to be resilient amid strong external challenges and times of change.
- Lead the development and management of a comprehensive range of adult skills building programs; integrating the highest caliber of learning design theory, digital and blended learning models and workforce development approach.
- Professionalize each sub-function within talent development, especially performance data infrastructure and learning evaluation methodologies to ensure increased sophistication in programming decisions.
- Identify ongoing talent development and performance needs within Proximity and propose appropriate innovations/solutions to address them.
- Equip and expand the Proximity School team to meet Proximity’s talent needs of the future.
- At least 5 years of expertise in fields related to workforce development, learning innovations and tech, educational and/or business management and consulting, corporate universities, or other related fields.
- Project management experience to oversee the various talent development programs and initiatives within the organization.
- People-building skills, with a record of grooming and inspiring high performing teams and individuals, including being an effective coach and mentor.
- Impeccable communication skills in English, with strong EQ and comfort in successful stakeholder management.
- Social drive and a natural inclination towards co-creating open and collaborative organizational culture.
- Curiosity to gain a deep understanding of the unique potential and challenges of our field and Yangon workforce.
- Fluency in speaking, writing and reading in Myanmar
- Work experience related to digital learning, curriculum design and/or people analytics.
You’ll earn a competitive salary, with medical benefits, and incredible opportunities to develop your career. You can expect an annual impact bonus and an amazing office with talented, forward-thinking people.
You’ll get to see more of the world and provide leadership to a large team of emerging Myanmar leaders.
And, ultimately, you’ll have the opportunity to change lives in Myanmar for the better, while doing groundbreaking work.
Proximity Designs is an award-winning social business in Myanmar. We design and deliver affordable, income-boosting products that complement the entrepreneurial spirit of rural families.
Launched in 2004, we’ve created Myanmar’s largest agricultural services platform — farm technology, advising and finance — to help small family farms be profitable. Across our platform, we’re now engaging with over 100,000 new customers a year, on top of the 550,000 we’ve already served. These families see an average of $250 annual income increase as a result — a life-changing amount for those living on less than $3 a day.
By using human-centered design, we listen, observe and learn from our customers. From this deep knowledge, we design and bring to market products and services to meet their changing needs. Today the scope of our network reaches nearly 80 percent of the farming population. We have customers in the Ayeyarwady Delta, Lower Myanmar, the central Dry Zone and the Shan hills.
If you are interested in joining us, please apply directly through LinkedIn with your CV and cover letter.