Requisition ID: req10346
Job Title: Health Counselor
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Myitkyina, Myanmar
Scope of work: The Health Counselor will be responsible for implementation of mental health and psychosocial support activities in identified IDP camps and villages of targeted townships in IRC Humanitarian Health Response project. The Health Counselor needs to build MHPSS capacity to other mobile clinic staff. Coordination with camp management committee and villages leaders for smooth implementation of MHPSS activities in IDP camps area and conflicted affected communities. The Health Counselor reports to Medical Doctor (Leader) and this position is based in Myitkyina Township, Kachin State with approximately 90% of time required for travel inside identified IDP camps and villages from Myitkyina and Waing Maw Townships.
This position is specifically assigned for MHPSS services in Myitkyina, Waing Maw Townships of Kachin State.
Implementation of MHPSS activities in IDP camps and targeted villages
- Implement MHPSS activities in IDP camps and targeted villages
- Build MHPSS capacity of Mobile clinic team members and community health workers.
- Monitoring and Evaluation
MHPSS Capacity building of the mobile team members and volunteers
- Organize and responsible for MHPSS services in camp and targeted villages
- Identify the main mental health and psychosocial problems in targeted camps and villages
- Provide awareness session related with mental health and psychosocial problems and support to community and volunteers from targeted IDPs camps and villages
- Provide individual counseling and psychosocial support to beneficiaries who were detected mental health problem and needed psychosocial support
- Facilitate and coordinate with Camp Management Committee and village leaders to get smooth program implementation activities
- Prepare monthly work plan of MHSS activities to cover targeted IDP camps and villages regularly.
- Coordinate with partner organizations and health departments for appropriate and available referral points to get advance treatment
- Provide MHPSS technical support to Mobile Clinic Nurse (s), Community Health Officer (s), Health Promotor (s), to ensure in detecting MHPSS problems and improving knowledge of mental health and psychosocial first aid service
- Coordinate with Medical Doctor (Team Leader) to integrate MHPSS component in primary health care services
- Submit regularly the monthly activities and achievement report to Medical Doctor (Team Leader).
- Participate in MHPSS working group meeting with partner organizations in Township level as representative of IRC
Monitoring and evaluation
- Provide MHPSS awareness and first aid training to community health volunteers as quarterly
- Organize training sessions to mobile team members and volunteers on psychosocial first aid training and MHPSS awareness session as needed
- Coordinate with M & E responsible persons to organize data entry and analysis of monthly MHPSS activities and achievements in the standard IRC - Humanitarian Health Response Database
- Participate in the MHPSS assessment in order to identify main mental health problems, coaching mechanism and impact among the IDP and community
- Assist Medical Doctor (Team Leader) and coordinate with M & E officer to prepare Monthly narrative report and data report
- Provide regular, on time and quality monthly narrative report to Medical Doctor (Team Leader)
- Assist Project Manager on preparation of donor, IRC in-country and HQ report as needed
- Coordinate with program support teams to implement project activities in time
- In coordination with members of WPE program, Operation department, Finance Department from IRC
- Remain flexible to perform other duties as required or requested
- Bachelors in Psychology, Social Work or related field
- Favorable to person with previous experience on counseling
- Favorable to person who have previous experience in working in humanitarian setting
- Demonstrated experience in MHPSS
- Adaptable, flexible and mature in judgment
- Good assessment, analytical, planning and reporting skills
- Have ability and motivation to travel and work long continuous days in remote IDP camps/ remote villages in Kachin States
- Demonstrated experience in building capacity, designing and delivering trainings
- Good communication skills
- Good in English required, knowledge of Myanmar or other local languages preferred
- Good practice on MS package
Myanmar nationals with relevant skills sets and proven experience of working at international level are strongly encouraged.