1500 N Broad St, Globe, Arizona 85501 United States of America
Do you enjoy working with your hands? Are you interested in learning valuable technical skills? U-Haul is seeking a hard-working, knowledgeable person for the position of Hitch Service Technician. Hitch Service Technicians work in U-Haul Moving and Storage Center lots to provide outstanding service to customers using their advanced technical expertise.
U-Haul Offers Hitch Service Technicians
- Flexible scheduling
- Opportunities for advancement
- Valuable on-the-job training
- Life insurance
- MetLaw Legal program
- MetLife auto and home insurance
- Discounts on Apple products, Dell computers, cell phone plans, hotels, and more
- 401k options
- 24-hour physician available for kids
- Community volunteer opportunities
Hitch Service Technician Primary Responsibilities
- Understand and explain U-Haul’s variety of towing packages
- Recommend and install the right tow package on customer vehicles
- Prepare purchase invoices
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to maintain a good driving record to operate commercial motor vehicles
- Basic wiring and hand/power tool experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
The work involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g. working around moving parts, machines, fumes, or irritant chemicals. May be required to use protective clothing, or gear such as masks, goggles, gloves, or shields.
The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods both indoors and outdoors of remaining stationary, traversing spaces, repositioning to reach and use tools, and moving a minimum of 50 lbs assisted or unassisted.
AMERCO and its family of companies, including U-Haul, have strived to create a culture of health and wellness. As of February 1, 2020, and consistent with applicable state law, no AMERCO or U-Haul company will hire individuals in states where it may lawfully decline to hire individuals who use nicotine products. By continuing with this application, you are indicating that, if hired, you consent to nicotine screening in the future. This policy will not apply to team members hired before February 1, 2020.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.