The HR Manager is responsible for ensuring that the day-to-day HR functions are performed in accordance with IRC policies, procedures and HR best practices and for providing advice and guidance to Coordinators and staff on HR policies and procedures.
Under the supervision of Field Coordinator and in close collaboration with the HR lead in Yangon, HR Manager is responsible for providing effective and efficient HR services to programs and to optimize HR functions while supervising and mentoring the HR team in Rakhine State. The HR Manager will represent the Organization for any HR related matters with partners including state government and other agencies. HR Manager will directly supervise HR Officer.
Human Resources Management
- In coordination with the HR lead in Yangon, lead the change Management process for Rakhine field offices
- Ensure the IRC Core Values (IRC Way) are systematically communicated to all staff (new and existing staff) and ensure IRC ways reinforcement/compliance
- Participate actively and advise consistently on the Rakhine Field Offices organizational structure review
- Participate actively in the review of existing HR policies and procedures.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of IRC Myanmar National Staff Personal Policies (NSPP) and ensuring compliance and consistent application.
Talent acquisition, management and staff development
- In coordination with Sectors leads, ensure Rakhine Field offices workforce planning is done systematically and is in compliance with IRC standards.
- Lead transparent recruitment processes in the Rakhine State Field Offices and ensure all sectors comply with recruitment related policies and procedures including and not limited to advertisement of vacant positions, consistent documentation of the recruitment process (interviews notes, reference check, ATC check, etc.…).
- Coordinate and facilitate the integration/transition processes to assure new and transferred staff in Rakhine field offices receive an effective orientation
- Ensure IRC Performance Management Evaluation is effectively implemented by providing regular trainings on performance management, objectives setting, monitoring and coaching, performance review process, etc.
- Lead and facilitate required activities for staff development and career planning by providing sufficient information and guidance to staff on existing staff development resources.
- Support supervisors and employees in their development and career plans design and implementation.
Compensation and Benefits
- Ensure internal equity is maintained for staff compensation and benefits and advises operations and programs leads accordingly.
- Ensure staff understands their benefits package and ensure an effective administration of the benefits.
- Support HR lead on salary/benefit review with necessary input from field offices.
- Assist YGN HR team on preparing payroll for all staff in Rakhine State with necessary data/information.
- Ensure all staff are registered to the medical insurance coverage, monitor staff medical coverage and coordinate with YGH HR team to ensure that the coverage is functioning well.
- Advises the Field Management Team on the improvement of staff wellness and psychosocial wellbeing by creating opportunities for rest and recreation, women focus group discussion, field office committee meeting, etc.
- Lead team building activities across Rakhine Field offices on a regular basis (ideally quarterly).
- Provides advices to staff about how to access health care in case of illness, sexual harassment and sexual violence.
- Refer staff in need of psychological support/counseling to the relevant resources.
- Ensure a consistent filing system is put in place and confidentiality of the HR information is guaranteed.
- Ensure staff files are systematically updated and archives well kept.
- Ensure the Tracking of timesheets is updated and consistently maintained.
- Ensure HR databases are regularly updated (staff list, leave tracking, contract tracking, etc.)
- Ensures that all the exit processes are in compliance with the IRC's policy and local legislation.
- Coordinate and facilitate employee exit process in Rakhine State and send documents to YGN HR department.
- Review and submit monthly recruitment reports to Field Co and HR Lead
- Review and submit monthly tracking on staff leave accrual, individual service contracts, R & R record, etc.…to Yangon HR department
- Ensures coordination between HR, Finance, Admin, Supply Chain and Programs in the Rakhine State Field offices
- Perform other relevant duties assigned by supervisors
- Willingness to travel frequently to field offices within Rakhine State including Myebon, Minbya and Rathedaung to meet all staff, listen to their concerns, give solution or raise the issues to Field Coordinator level.