Headquartered in New York City, Dataiku was founded in Paris in 2013 and achieved unicorn status in 2019. Now, more than 900 employees work across the globe in our offices and remotely. Backed by a renowned set of investors and partners including CapitalG, Tiger Global, and ICONIQ Growth, we’ve set out to build the future of AI.
We are looking for an HR Business Partner Director to oversee HR operations in the APAC region. You will report directly to our VP People Operations EMEA and APAC based in Paris.
Your mission will be to build a strong partnership with our managers and employees on the ground to support our growth in the region. You will also have the opportunity to build your team from the ground to help you succeed in your mission in the region, while banking on the support of our global teams (Total Rewards, Learning & Development, Talent Acquisition, Culture, Happiness).This role will ideally be based in the company’s office in Singapore and will include travels to other Dataiku locations in the area (Australia, Japan, South Korea) and globally (Paris, New York)
The successful candidate will be able to bank on their experience working as an HR Business Partner to senior management, but also be able to roll up their sleeves to perform some more administrative work while we are building the team on the ground. It is not a pre-requisite, but since Dataiku is scaling very fast, we would obviously expect the successful candidate to have previous experience working in a fast-paced environment - or be able to navigate through rapid changes. Finally, since Dataiku operates globally and that the scope for the role is regional, we are looking for people who have already successfully worked and thrived in an international company.
What You'll Do
- HR Business Partner:
- Define a strategy to attract and retain international diverse talents, in close coordination with our Talent Acquisition team.
- Support managers as a business partner in their team management.
- Provide support and coaching to all employees in their professional development.
- Implement and facilitate the adoption of HR tools and processes (skill matrix, performance assessment, compensation reviews...).
- Manage employee relations and provide guidance towards conflict resolution.
- Partner with management, Culture teams and more specifically our Happiness Management team to engage employees and boost team spirit.
- Ensure our compliance with applicable local labour law and regulations (statutory documents, employee files, etc).
- People Operations: Payroll & Admin
- Prepare all HR documentation (employment letters, immigration, contracts etc.).
- Run payroll and oversee benefits, in coordination with local payroll providers.
- Audit and improve - if need be - all benefits schemes for the region (health insurance, pension, etc), in close coordination with our Total Rewards team.
- Facilitate international mobilities by coordinating relocation locally with our providers according to the company policy(including but not limited to immigration and tax topics)
- HR projects
- As the local HR representative and as part of the global HR team, you will play an active role in transversal HR projects (career paths, performance management, etc.. )
Who You Are
- 10+ years of experience in HR ops or admin, ideally in a international company.
- Experience building and leading a successful team.
- Previous successful experience working with remote management.
- Previous experience working with other countries in Asia (South Korea, Japan especially) and with Australia a key asset.
- Willingness to dive in and assist with whatever is needed.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Polished and professional interpersonal communication, writing, and presentation skills.
- Discretion around highly sensitive information, e.g. salary and benefit information
- Previous experience in a fast paced environment a plus.
Dataiku is the platform for Everyday AI, systemizing the use of data for exceptional business results. By making the use of data and AI an everyday behavior, Dataiku unlocks the creativity within individual employees to power collective success at companies of all sizes and across all industries. Don’t get us wrong: we are a tech company building software. Our culture is even pretty geeky! But our driving force is and will always remain people, starting with ours. We consider our employees to be our most precious asset, and we are committed to ensuring that each of them gets the most rewarding, enjoyable, and memorable work experience with us. Fly over to Instagram to learn more about our #dataikulife.
Our practices are rooted in the idea that everyone should be treated with dignity, decency and fairness. Dataiku also believes that a diverse identity is a source of strength and allows us to optimize across the many dimensions that are needed for our success. Therefore, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment practices are based on business needs, without regard to race, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, veteran status or any other aspect which makes an individual unique or protected by laws and regulations in the locations where we operate. This applies to all policies and procedures related to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, performance, promotion and termination and all other conditions and terms of employment.