Responsible for planning, managing and coordinating all HSE activities in order to support the Thilawa Terminal Operations, as well as providing sound advice to the Management Team on all aspects of HSE. Ensure that applicable HSE legislation is reflected in the Malaysian Operations business and operational plans.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
Employees’ Safety & Health Responsibilities:
- Each person is the first responsible for their own safety and to prevent accidents
- Inspect their workplaces to look for potential hazards
- Report all hazards to their immediate supervisor
- Immediately report all injuries in the workplace to their supervisor
- Know and fulfil the Safety Policy
- Follow all procedures and observe critical safety practices at all time
- Exercise Puma’s Stop Work Authority as it relates to unsafe practices or conditions
Provide advice and analysis to operational and HSE teams to assist them with implementing and complying with the HSE management system (SAPS).
Provide skills, knowledge, HSE leadership influence and process structure to the business units for investigating HSE incidents, risk exposures and other non-conformances. Including collating, analysing and reporting on actions/strategies for prevention, improvement and general risk management.
Coordinate reviews of the SAPS system and its application in order to identify improvement opportunities and to provide key stakeholders with advice regarding non-compliance and/or continuous improvement.
Develop, implement, and review HSE training programs and promotional activities which drive compliance, awareness and performance improvement.
Lead and coordinate HSE campaigns and initiatives as directed by global and regional teams.
Provide positive HSE leadership to all key stakeholders in alignment with the HSE strategy and plans – which specifically includes: reflecting the desired culture, being accessible, being visible (in the field), coaching and mentoring.
Conduct regular site/operational audits to identify potential risk areas and check compliance with agreed operating manuals.
Prepare monthly HSE reporting to the Puma Regional executive group that covers key metrics such as LTIFR, DIFR, environmental incidents, and reportable incidents.
- Degree/Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety or other related fields.
- Minimum 5 years in a similar HSE role in Myanmar, preferably in a medium to large multinational, and multi-cultural environments.
- Experience in auditing or implementing safety and/or environmental management systems.
- Demonstrated experience in incident investigations, including managing the implementation of corrective actions.
- Knowledge of Federal and State Environment, Health &Safety legislation.
- Demonstrated experience in Dangerous Goods and storage and handling of dangerous goods.
- Experience in developing and implementing Risk Management processes.
- Experience in delivering training packages/inductions.
- Experience in bitumen and/or fuel terminals is preferred.
- Possess sound knowledge of Safety Management Systems, legislation and codes of practice.
- Strong influencing, coaching & mentoring skills.
- Strengths in problem solving and attention to detail.
- Must speak English and Burmese.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Sound working knowledge of Myanmar HSE legislation, State and Federal.
- Proven ability to manage a small team.
- Proven ability to provide advice to a multi-site geographically dispersed business.
- Well-developed presentation skills.
- Proven ability to promote safety awareness and foster a safety culture.
- Ability to recommend, develop, and implement compliance strategies and plans
- High energy and a ‘can-do’ attitude, creating a consistent common sense of HSE culture.
- Ability to understand and apply HSE principles across a broad spectrum
- Ability to recognize compliance and risk issues and situations.
- Knowledge of management systems and practices related to occupational safety and health and/or environmental management.
- Hands-on attitude.
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- Department Managers
- Country and Regional HSE Team
- Supply Chain/Logistics division
- Country General Manager
- Public/Retail Customers
- Government departments
- Existing/Potential Contractors
- Emergency Services
- Accreditation Agencies
- External Auditors