Are you looking to change the gaming industry? We are!
TLM Partners is a world-class digital entertainment company dedicated to breaking down barriers in the video game industry. We publish captivating and original indie games that bring people together through our best-in-class cross-play technology, while our professional services arm and cloud-based, fully-remote studio ensure that talent and expertise are always where they are needed most. TLM is at the forefront of making games and game development more accessible than ever.
Gaming together. Anytime. Anywhere. Any device.™
Position Summary: Human Resources Manager (Asia)
TLM Partners, Inc., has expanded into the Global Marketplace and we are now expanding to Asia. We are seeking a full-time, experienced HR Manager to oversee and manage all Asia HR functions with a strong knowledge of Asian Labour laws, particularly in Taiwan and Singapore. This includes on/offboarding, benefits, employee relations, compensation, payroll, compliance, and training. This position will require frequent in-office visits to our office in Taipei to meet and work with our staff. The position will report to the Chief of Staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a partner, advisor, and resource to all managers and employees for APAC.
- Works collaboratively with other management members in support of organizational objectives and strategies.
- Maintains current knowledge of employment practices and labor laws by country.
- Plans and initiates roll-outs of human resource initiatives to include talent management, employee relations, workforce engagement and workforce development to support the achievement of business outcomes.
- Develops, implements, and updates regional HR policies and procedures.
- Serves as a regional key advisor to the Chief of Staff.
- Manages core HR processes and programs in support of business goals by developing strategies to maximize the effectiveness of HR services to employees in partnership with different levels of the organization, including Management staff, front-line supervisors, and employees.
- Oversees communication and promotes culture and values of the organization.
- Represents the Company in all Human Resources matters, including benefits negotiations, unemployment hearings, legal proceedings, etc.
- May help develop and implement training programs in line with business needs to ensure compliance with appropriate labour laws in each country.
- Establish a performance management program with clear career paths for each position in the company.
- Serves as a role model for company ethical standards, professionalism, and code of conduct.
- Minimum of 5 year’s experience as an HR Manager, preferably for a global company.
- Bachelor's degree required (preferably in Human Resources or equivalent work experience), professional HR certification strongly preferred with an excellent knowledge of Asian laws and regulations.
- Expert in Taiwan and Singapore labour laws and other Asian countries a plus.
- Experience in payroll, timekeeping, and HR information systems is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of current employment laws and regulations including, but not limited to, Wage and Hour laws, workers’ compensation, etc.
- Strong understanding of the recruiting process, benefits administration, employee relations and other HR functions.
- Strong customer service skills, including the ability to build trusting partnerships across the business.
- Employee relations, employment law, compensation, performance management, and recruitment skills (when needed).
- Professional and confidential in all interactions with proven coaching and conflict resolution skills.
- Enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
- Ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to support continual improvements in business processes and policies.
- Must be able to interface at all levels of the organization with a strong attention to detail and follow up.
- Maintain confidentiality and use sound judgement to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to problem solve with a collaborative approach with a variety of work functions and cultures.
- Advanced knowledge of employment regulations, e.g. labor/EE relations statutes, region specific.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume and sensitive workflow.
- Working knowledge of relevant software, e.g., Google Suite.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin.
- BS/BA in Business Administration, Social Science, or related field.
- 3-4 years relevant HR experience with a global company in the entertainment industry or familiarity with game development, game publishing, media, etc.
- Previous experience with a privately-owned business and a multi-state organization is a plus.
- Additional languages are an asset.