Velocity Global is one of the fastest growing companies in the world and hands down one of the greatest places to work from anywhere. We accelerate the future of work beyond borders. Our offering enables businesses to employ remote teams and expand internationally through global expertise, best-in-breed technology, and scale. Hundreds of brands rely on our Employer of Record model and infrastructure in 185 countries and all 50 United States, to compliantly employ thousands of supported employees, access global talent, and grow revenue. Named a “Leader” in Global Employer of Record services by prominent analyst firm NelsonHall, Velocity Global is a strategic partner to our clients through additional comprehensive services including Immigration, Independent Contractor Compliance to assess a workforce, and Agent of Record (AoR) to streamline payments to contractors globally. Founded in 2014, our company is headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with regional headquarters in Amsterdam, Bogotá, and Singapore, with local employees in 16 countries.
We are looking for a Human Resources Specialist - Thailand to join our growing Operations team. This is a remote position in Thailand. This full-time position will be responsible for navigating client challenges, supporting all HR matters, and providing a consultative approach to our clients. The right candidate will have a relentless zeal to contribute and should have an affinity towards matters of international growth and employment. This individual will report to our Employee Experience Manager.
- Execute supported employee onboardings, including working with in-country partners and to setup and enroll payroll and benefits
- Create, maintain, and archive compliant local employment contracts and employment documentation
- Ensure supported employees are appropriately set up in all Velocity Global systems as required with client agreements and supported employee contracts
- Research and respond to all benefits, international payroll, expense reporting, and all other HR matters that are requested by regional managers and the client service team
- Responsible for continuously updating and refreshing Velocity Global's knowledge base
- Support Velocity Global client service team across all aspects of the business
- Drive employee satisfaction and retention with sincerity and passion, and approach troubleshooting as an opportunity to establish integrity and value
- Create and manage employee onboarding calendars by following and refining processes
- Communicate with domestic and foreign embassies on immigration matters for externally supported employees
- Execute on committed timelines, including influencing global affiliates and clients to meet their agreed upon timelines, properly allocating resources, and maintaining the team on project-related issues with a strong emphasis on results
- Research challenging employee questions and employee scenarios and present solutions to the client service team
- Support and execute upon compliant employee terminations and offboarding
- Support entity setup and management initiatives
- Develop and maintain competency in the area of international employment
- Support the rest of the APAC region in the above responsibilities, as necessary
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not construed to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- BA/BS in Human Resource or equivalent working experience required
- 5+ years of working experience in Human Resources in Thailand required. Experience in other APAC countries preferred.
- Business proficiency in Thai and English language required
- Research-oriented, exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to quickly assimilate information; with operations across 185+ countries there is a lot to learn
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication, listening, and consultative skills.
- Technology-literate, including Microsoft Office suite
- Strong consultative customer service and project management style
- Drive, strong work ethic, and a passion for creating an unparalleled customer experiences…it should be in your bones
- Interest in international business and contributing at a consistently high level
At Velocity Global, we foster a values-driven culture. From the interview process to performance evaluations, we center our values in our day-to-day. We move with Velocity and we build relationships with Professionalism, through trust and respect. Our Integrity leads us to do the right thing at all times. We Empower each other to decision-making with accountability while always striving to be of Service, to our clients and to one another. We are a #PeopleFirst organization. Our global team consists of conscientious individuals, passionate about work and life, and we are committed to putting our employees first, in all that we do.
We have a passion for all things international business and thrive in a fast paced, high-growth environment. If you want to work for a professional, global, inclusive and innovative company, we'd love to meet you!
At Velocity Global, we value inclusion and belonging. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of age, ancestry, race, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation.