The role holder will provide technical leadership on the Inclusive Practice workstream on the Towards Results in Education and English (TREE) project, part of the wider Myanmar UK Partnership for Education (MUPE) program, funded by DFID. The project supports reforms to improve the quality of pre-service teacher education as set out in the National Education Strategic Plan (NESP), and the duration of this position is 4 years (the planned ended date in 2024).
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
Essential criteria (must have to be able to carry out the role successfully)
* Higher level post-graduate qualification in education
* Expert knowledge of inclusive pedagogy and practice and Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND)
* Ability to provide high quality professional support and feedback on pedagogy and practice to volunteers and Teacher Educators
* Experience of managing large and diverse project teams and ability to provide professional mentoring to project staff and volunteers
* Ability to coordinate multiple stakeholders including consortium partners, MoE staff and other development partners
* Excellent report writing and communication skills
* Experience in working on teacher education projects in Myanmar or SE Asia
* Knowledge of the disability sector
* Experience of working with educational technology to support learning
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
This role will be based in Myanmar and this position is opened for both national and international (with national term and conditions). For candidates recruited outside of Myanmar and requiring relocation to take up the employment, VSO offers a relocation package to support your settling into the country for the first two years of employment (please kindly find more information from the JD).
Due to the on going COVID situation, the offered international candidate might be working remotely until Myanmar border is opened for international travel.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.