Position : Information Communication Technology for Agriculture (ICT4Ag)/Digital Financial Services (DFS) Specialist
Location: Yangon, Myanmar
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Information Communication Technology for Agriculture (ICT4Ag)/Digital Financial Services (DFS) Specialist
Description : FHI 360 seeks an Information Communication Technology for Agriculture (ICT4Ag)/Digital Financial Services (DFS) Specialist for the USAID Agriculture and Food-Systems Development Activity that aims to increase economic interdependence in Burma through the development of agriculture and food systems. The Specialist will oversee and provide technical leadership in the design, implementation and monitoring of appropriate and impactful ICT interventions across program technical areas in close cooperation with technical staff, implementing partners, stakeholders, USAID and other donors operating in the country. This position will be based in either Yangon or Mandalay with frequent travel to field implementation sites.
- Identify barriers and develop and refine as needed all relevant ICT4Ag/DFS related tools and materials in close collaboration with technical staff, stakeholders and USAID;
- Develop strategies to help companies commercialize ICT services;
- Design ICT/DFS interventions that are inclusive and tailored to literate, semi-literate and illiterate populations via a variety of appropriate communication channels;
- Design ICT/DFS interventions that provide a sufficient return on investment for private sector partners;
- Liaise with commercial ICT business in Myanmar;
- Conduct training sessions for project staff to strengthen capacity in ICT/DFS and their integration and application/use;
- Contribute to and provide inputs of annual work plan, required project reports, baseline data, tools and indicators for monitoring and evaluation, collection / sharing of lessons learned; and
- Provide technical assistance to project staff, implementing partners, stakeholders and others
- Document lessons learned related, evaluate impact and modify ICT4Ag/DFS approaches as needed.
- Minimum 5 years of experience implementing ICT/DFS interventions in Burma
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, international development, communications, agriculture or related field
- Experience working on the design and/or implementation of information and communication technology for development (ICT4D)/DFS, including agriculture extension services, agricultural information services, digital financial services, or other similar digital development initiatives related to agriculture
- Experience working for a commercial ICT firm preferred
- Knowledge of the ICT landscape in Myanmar
- Applied knowledge/use of local ICT/DFS practices and use cases.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and disseminate information through a variety of communication channels tailored to literate, semi-literate and illiterate populations.
- Written and oral proficiency in English and Burmese. Other ethnic languages are also highly desirable.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package , professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.