Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Within The Delegated Authority And Under The Supervision Of The Programme Coordinator For Myanmar, The Information Technology Specialist Will Carry Out The Following Tasks
The purpose of this assignment is to drive the development of health informatics in Myanmar. The incumbent will be responsible to provide technical advice on software development and design of health informatics.
- Identify business needs and requirements from the health information system customers, defining system requirements and scoping the design;
- Define system requirements and specifications for managing NCDs in the country;
- Design health care software solutions that scale to larger user populations and satellite resources;
- Write design documentation for integration of NCD programme needs into the national health information systems, both at high-level and low-level;
- Provide architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for one or more technology domains;
- Advise health information improvement projects from a system architecture. Work with different product owners to understand interoperability requirements and interact with other cross-functional teams to architect, design, develop, test, and release NCD features;
- Demonstrate broad health care solutions technical leadership, impacting significant technical direction, exerting influence outside of the immediate team and driving change;
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent Education - Additional Comments:
- Master's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related technical equivalent from an accredited and recognized academic institution is required;
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in combination with relevant training and/or professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree;
Required experience: 60 Months Experience remark:
- At least 5 years of relevant professional work experience;
- A miniumof 4 years experience in large information technology company/ healthcare providers/ government managing health information systems,
- Experience in managing system design for software solutions in healthcare;
- Experience in defining new health system architectures and ability to drive an independent project from an informational technology architectural stand point;
- Relevant work experience in at least two of the following areas: software development, software architecture, software project management;
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Desirable: valid national driver’s license and proven ability to drive manual gear 4x4 over rough terrain;
- Sound security awareness;
- Have affinity with or interest in public health, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Burmese(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise: Software and applications development and analysis, IT architecture and IT project management, Other information and telecommunications technology experience Driving license: No Competencies values:
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Professionalism, Working in Teams
Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup . Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile . Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is an announcement for a national UNV assignment. Therefore, only citizens of Myanmar and legal residents of Myanmar with refugee or stateless status can apply for this advertisement.
Application deadline: 06-10-2020