Are you passionate about making financial services accessible for everyone, and excited to use cutting edge technologies to reach new customers? If so, working as Insurance Operations Manager with Common Health’s in Myanmar may be the next step in your career journey.
We're a global company headquartered in the United States and working in Myanmar, and we believe that mobile phones, internet access, and social media can change healthcare for millions of people. As the lead for our health insurance operations you will work closely with Common’s local insurance provider to deliver exceptional, digital-led claims experiences for our members. You will also play a critical role in risk management, using our proprietary systems and processes to ensure we are able to continue to keep costs affordable for families at the base of the pyramid.
Most importantly, you’ll help to give families facing new COVID-19 health risks and economic challenges tools for financial protection and household resilience.
Ready to make a difference?
What we offer
- Work from home, anywhere in the country,
- Professional growth through training and new opportunities,
- Be part of a multinational, world-class team,
- Competitive pay and other benefits, and
- Help expand financial services and healthcare access for the people of Myanmar.
- Implement the group standard operating procedures to support our growing insurance operations in Myanmar, reviewing this as required and proposing appropriate changes,
- Regularly review the insurance operations framework and support systems and procedures to ensure they remain up to date and compliant with group requirements and submit performance reporting information to the company in the required formats,
- Determine resource needs to manage the insurance operations and supervise recruitment as needed,
- Liaise between staff managing core IT systems and branch-based programme teams in relation to enrolment, insurance data exchange, reporting and accountability,
- Maintain up to date knowledge on Myanmar’s insurance regulatory requirements, and
- Act as a key representative of the company on insurance operational matters in Myanmar, and share learning and best practices.
- Educated to at least degree level with relevant qualifications in Finance, Management, and Compliance,
- Insurance certification would be an advantageIn-depth knowledge of Myanmar regulatory law and compliance requirements,
- 5-7+ years’ diverse work experience in insurance distribution and administration showing career progression in that time,
- Experience in successfully working in multiple work-streams with demonstrable record of working with different stakeholders, internally and externally, and
- Disciplined with strong attention to detail, congenial and collegial in her/his work but decisive when necessary.