Cathay United Bank (CUB) is part of the largest financial holding company in Taiwan, and is entering the Myanmar market. CUB is a full-service bank serving consumers and businesses with over one hundred domestic branches and over ten overseas offices.
Cathay is hiring an Internal Auditor position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports to the Internal Audit Department in HO of all assigned duties.
- Objectively assesses a company’s IT and/or business processes
- Objectively review an organization's business processes
- Evaluate the efficacy of risk management procedures that are currently in place
- Evaluate internal control and make recommendations on how to improve
- Protect against fraud and theft of the organization's assets
- Ensure that the organization is complying with relevant laws and statutes
- Make recommendations on how to improve internal controls and governance processes
- Identifying shortfalls or gaps in processes
- Promote ethics and help identify improper conduct
- Assure safeguards
- Myanmar nationals with Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Finance, Accounting or Law preferred).
- Minimum of 2 years internal auditing or comparable work related experience.
- Fluent in Chinese or English
- Sufficient knowledge of Myanmar bank policies, procedures and practices; with brief understanding of laws and regulations governing Myanmar banks.
- Ability to work with little supervision on audit assignments, determining when to act independently and when to refer situations to superiors.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office.
- Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Information Systems Auditor, or Certified Public Accountant, etc. is a plus.
About Cathay United Bank
Cathay United Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cathay Financial Holding Company , the largest financial holding company in Taiwan. The Bank is a full-service bank serving consumers and businesses with over one hundred domestic branches and over ten overseas offices. For businesses, we offer a complete line of products and services, in addition to experienced staff members who are committed to helping their customers’ enterprises succeed. For consumers, we offer different consumer banking products to meet the financial needs of individuals as well as families. At Cathay United Bank, we build the bridges between banking, insurance, trust and securities services through our parent company and affiliated companies. Our customers will be able to enjoy “one-stop shopping” when banking with Cathay United Bank.