CHANGEMAKER TALENT DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME (CTDP) - Global and Remote Internship for Computer Science and Software Engineering
Apply before 3rd September!
To see the job listing:
🔗Me.reka Careers - www.mereka.my/careers
Are you passionate about structuring new algorithmic processes? Do you resonate in an environment that love to brainstorm computational theories? Do you apply the theories to solve big technical problems? Scroll no further, we’ve been expecting you.
The CTDP can lead you to various paths, building upon your preferred programming languages and the skillset to hone. If you are currently working with Angular 10+ and above, Typescript and Firebase, make an impact with Mereka.io as well as enhancing your programming languages. You will also be able to explore one of the many sub-fields such as computer graphics, computational problems, software engineering or quantitative analysis. This internship will be the perfect kickstart of your career to be an all-rounder with a diverse skill set by writing code, advanced programming and much more.
Your daily assignments throughout the 3 to 6 months internship period
- Work together with the Full Stack Developer and teams of developers - you’ll write code, solve complex problems and design, develop, and apply software and hardware.
- Work with TypeScript as a primary language for Angular and expand your expertise in Typescript
- Have a solid grip on the basics of CSS. We need you to have a grasp of core concepts before you start exploring shortcuts. We use Syntactically Awesome Style Sheets because of their many advantages in speed and efficiency
- Work with modern backend technology such as NodeJS
- Familiar with popular UI components and design frameworks like Nebular, Material & Bootstrap
- An engineer when it comes to Firebase. We are huge fans of Google infrastructure and we love the Firebase platform because it helps us work faster and deliver higher quality by providing easy-to-use tools and a 'serverless' infrastructure that scales automatically.
- Work with API integration with 0Auth 2.0 (Auth0) authentication
- Familiar with GIT version control (Github), unit testing, and collaborative development
- Strong understanding of MVC and SOLID design principles
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience with crafting beautiful RESTful web- services and have strong knowledge in the way the web works
- Are an active driver for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) based application development
- Have NoSQL database experience
Requirement and the profile
To land the placement, you should have a strong foundation in mathematics, be familiar with basic programming languages and understand system software concepts.
- Bachelor's Degree or Master’s in Computer Science/Software Engineering/Information Technology or equivalent from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Familiar with Web Application Development.
- A final year student is required and with a minimum of 3 months duration of the internship.
- Attach your Final Year Project / Prototype (as your portfolio) while applying for the internship.
- Flexible to work for 40 hours per week without the commitment to university classes or others.
- Strong command of English Language.
- Individual who is able to communicate in a clear and engaging manner
- A critical and creative thinker and with a can-do attitude, who is motivated by and aligned with the organisation’s missions
- A self-starter hustler who is independent yet a strong team player
Learning and Real-world experience
Over the past year, our team has worked tirelessly to develop this one-of-a-kind platform. Join us as we build this platform and brand from the ground up, and experience the thrill of working in a well-organized and tech-driven start-up. For the right person, we offer the opportunity to work directly with the CEO as part of a small, dedicated team with colleagues in Programming, Technology, Web Development, Product Design, Business Development and Marketing.
You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. By learning as you grow, you should be comfortable and have a grasp of both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with an understanding of modern systems architecture and always keeping up with the latest technologies. It’s a bonus point if you’re familiar with Agile methodologies and plays your strengths in communications.
Mereka embraces the potential of the implausible. What some call crazy, we call visionary. We take both in stride. Through future forward-thinking, we build infrastructure on the fundamentals of the digital economy to actualize the future of innovation. Connecting a universal subconscious from academia to a hemisphere at the heart of the industry: redefining what it means to know, learn and grow.
Mereka.io is a first-of-its-kind digital platform that will shape the future of collaboration and social impact creation. Our vision is to tackle the ever-changing needs of the future by harnessing technology, automating collaborations, and inspiring innovation. Our mission is to bridge the gap between underutilized resources and a community of lifelong learners through a nexus of creative knowledge sharing.