About Smart Walkie Pte Ltd
We are building the next generation hardware and software that makes mobile workers more efficient, return home safely and enhance the efficiency of an organisation. http://www.smartwalkie.com
- Build a reliable and user friendly work communication app for field workers
- Our App works together with Smart Walkie Devices to enable mobile workers to be more efficient.
- Your work will be in improving the features of our app. This will need you to be experienced on Android Application Development.
- You should care about Optimisation & Reliability of your work. You will need a very good sense on non visual development work like threading, battery optimisations, race conditions and scenarios around synchronous communications across multiple devices.
- iOS Application Development experience of at least 2 years.
- English Speaking & willing to communicate in English with our distributed team.
- Able to work independently, from home and problem solve really irritating bugs
- Good logic and skill with threading and non visual development.
Thank you for your interest. Please let me share where I am coming from and you can determine if my company is a good fit for you.
We are a profitable company based around a specific communication product (http://www.smartwalkie.com). The mission is to bring smart communication to Field Workers.
Our team of 10 is all distributed (Singapore/Vietnam/Indonesia/Malaysia/India) and we work via Skype, Teamviewer, VoicePing (http://voicepingapp.com), Pivotal Tracker & Github.
*People join us because*
- Our product is actually used by people for serious usage
- it's a product and not a consulting company so you really go deep into one field and specialise in Real Time Communication.
- You can look into deep tech tracks with audio, networking and WebRTC
- Remote work allows them to not get stuck in traffic which staying with family.
- The flexible working hours is great for family stuff.
*My expectation is that you *
- are competent in your work and am experienced (not a total newbie that needs lots of coaching)
- can communicate well using Verbal, text, Teamviewer etc (Remote working is not easy!). Best if you have experience working remotely.
- can go without physically seeing your colleagues
- Can self manage your assigned task
- Willing to commit at least 2 years to this company
*The downsides to taking this job are*
- You will not have colleagues to have lunch with you.
- Somedays you will feel frustrated because the bugs in our app are hard to replicate. They are usually not UI Bugs but device specific or load specific etc.
- Your learning might be slower if you do not use remote tools well. to enable you to work better with co-workers
- No one in your family/extended family will know what you are working on as the product is specific to certain business users only and unlikely yet to be sold in your country in the near future.
If you think you are a good fit, Please let me know if
- Are you ok with Remote only?
- Do you have any experience working from home/remotely?
- Expected Salary Annually (In your own currency)
- please send me a link to your resume
- please send me an email where we can send you a 30 min tech screener test
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Rp15,000,000 - Rp25,000,000 per month