This position reports to the IT Manager. He/she works in a team setting and will be trained to be proficient in IT infrastructure systems and network-related tools and techniques required by the organisation.
Trainee To Be Involved In
Technical Skills and Competencies Trainee will learn during SGUnited Traineeship Programme:
- Provide technical support and prompt IT problem-resolution for internal staff
- Responsible for on-going procurement, installation and maintenance of IT hardware and software in accordance with Company requirements
- Perform IT maintenance and hardware/software upgrades with minimal disruption to business operations, and maintains proper backups for IT servers and systems.
- Plan and support IT project implementation in line with business needs, including technical review, developing server/product migration plans, change management activities and troubleshooting problems.
- Monitor and maintain records of IT inventory
- Maintain the Company intranet
- Uphold IT Policies and adopts proper IT procedures and processes to ensure the security and integrity of Company IT networks, systems and equipment
- Review and seek continual improvement of IT processes and procedures
- IT technical skills, including exposure to the Company’s IT Systems and software, IT troubleshooting, IT Policies and Cybersecurity
- Understanding of broader Company frameworks and processes, including Purchasing SOP, IT Risk Management and Audit
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal) and other soft skills related to professional engagement of employees and stakeholders
Polytechnic DiplomaDuration Of Traineeship
12 monthsEligibility Criteria For SGUnitedTraineeships
- Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident; and
- Graduated or graduating in calendar year 2019 or 2020 from ITEs, polytechnics, universities, or other educational institutions (e.g. private universities and overseas institutions); or
- Graduated earlier from above institutions and completed National Service in 2019 or 2020.