ABOUT HOPPER At Hopper, we’re on a mission to build the most customer-centric travel company on earth. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing mobile first travel marketplace -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel better.Hopper’s goal is to reduce traveler anxiety throughout all stages of the trip buying and taking process. By creating a transparent travel marketplace and unique, data-driven financial technology products focused on providing peace-of-mind, Hopper adds value along each step of the customer’s journey.Hopper has launched several bespoke fintech products that leverage our immense first and third-party data to create products and value that do not exist elsewhere - including Refundable and Flexible Tickets and Price Freeze. Thanks to these offerings, Hopper’s revenue growth is up 112% despite the travel slowdown due to COVID-19.With over $250M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration to becoming the world’s fastest-growing end-to-end customer-centric travel offering.Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company three years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 50 million times and sees over 1 million new installs per month. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019. Come take off with us!The Systems Specialist is vital in ensuring that Hopper’s customer service tools are optimized from a process, maintenance and operational perspective to guarantee that the needs of the Hopper’s service delivery teams and our fast-paced business context are met. We’re looking for a technically-savvy and detail-oriented individual to join our team. Their mission will be to own and manage all aspects associated with the maintenance and continuous improvement of the customer service technology stack comprising over 50 different platforms and partner portals. They will build strong partnerships with different teams across the organization in order to contextualize and support customer service delivery groups in their mission to provide excellent service to Hopper users across all verticals. This individual will be responsible for providing adequate support to enable agents in helping our customers- a set of responsibilities which includes but is not limited to agent onboarding/offboarding processes and general systems troubleshooting.
In This Role You Will
The Ideal Candidate Has
- Own device and password management across the contact center technology stack.
- Manage installations, upgrades and configurations of contact center platforms both by troubleshooting and by assisting in the development of departmental policies and best practices.
- Monitor, review and consistently optimize processes and platform settings, which includes both CRM integrations and in-house automations.
- Assist in the maintenance of documentation related to tool settings, troubleshooting steps and escalation points for all platforms in order to institutionalize operational knowledge.
- Consistently meet pre-established servicing metrics such as SLA, FTR and AHT for request submitted to the Service Desk, by proactively and timely responding to submitted tickets.
- Act as a point of contact for bugs and escalation across the contact center technology stack. This includes investigation, efficiently reporting and constant communication with stakeholders to provide visibility on causes, impact, solutions and estimated resolution times.
- Optimize agent workflows based on new Hopper products/initiatives and available tools.
- QA new automations thoroughly and proactively in order to prevent mistakes and avoid problems during and after feature/systems roll out.
- Keep informed on internal and external changes that impact users and agents on a regular basis, to ensure that automations are optimal and up-to-date.
- 1-3 years experience in IT service delivery.
- Ability to support a mixed environment of Macintosh and PC.
- Must be proficient in Office, Google Suite, Hardware / Software installation and troubleshooting, iOS and Android, Laptop Imaging, and general networking.
- Working knowledge with networking protocols such as VPN, VOIP, DNS, and TCP / IP preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail and an interest to dive deep, along with the ability to define and implement new automations and processes across platforms and teams.
- The ability to independently and quickly resolve issues, frequently crossing multiple system boundaries.
- A clear focus on the customer’s needs and providing solutions to their problems, understanding when a simple solution is preferred, and when a more complex approach is appropriate.
- Strong familiarity with root cause analysis processes, accompanied by excellent problem solving skills to suggest and/or deploy solutions.
- A drive to collaborate with cross-functional teams in order to improve existing processes by identifying technology/process gaps and ensuring appropriate documentation and maintenance for all tasks within their area of responsibility.
- Excellent communication skills and a people centric approach to their work
- Have previous remote work experience and appropriate remote work set-up - such as quiet space, stable internet connection, and a back-up location.
- Be prepared to work full-time hours on a schedule that includes evenings, weekends and holidays.