Job Description Summary
Infrastructure analyst is responsible for the management of services and processes that support the core business of the organization.
Ensures that the organization has the most suitable working environment for our employees and their activities. Generally, focus on using best business practice to improve efficiency, by reducing operating costs while increasing productivity.
This is a wide field with a diverse range of responsibilities, which involves both, strategic planning, and day-to-day operations, particularly in relation to buildings and premises. Should be proficient in building and safety codes, and ISO regulations. He doesn’t have only maintenance and repair responsibilities, but supervisory and budgetary responsibilities as well. Responsibilities often cover several departments, as well as central services that link to all the teams in the organization.
- Allocate office space.
- Ensure that all the equipment and other facilities are working properly.
- Create monitoring systems or programs in the institution to detect problems as early as possible
- Initiate interventions to solve problems in the facilities.
- Initiate an active campaign on safety measures in the building.
- Prepare pertinent records and reports for the safety service division of the institution.
- Maintaining the efficiency and good working conditions of the facilities.
- Educate the workers of the establishment on the proper use and care of its equipment and other facilities.
- Analyze computing requirements and a very strong all-round infrastructure understanding.
- Evaluate complex system's production readiness and supportability by identifying and resolving problems, risks, and issues, coordinate and plan for future requirements.
- Migration of server and storage hardware, applications, and data into or from data centers.
- Provide Data Centre inventory and asset management.
- Provide input to Business plan to support future computing requirements including Modernization and/or upgrade of existing data center facilities;
- Plan and implement the relocation of computing equipment within the data center.
- Lead activities to install, configure and maintain multiplatform systems hardware, software and components.
- Infrastructure architecture documentation is comprehensive and up to date so that accurate and current documentation for the infrastructure architecture is available to all stakeholders as appropriate
- Infrastructure operating procedures are implemented, documented and followed to ensure that any changes to the environment are executed in a controlled and structured manner
- Infrastructure management and operating procedures reflect up to date best practices so that all stakeholders are fully aware and so manage the infrastructure appropriately
- Ensure Infrastructure is proactively managed so wherever possible problems are trapped before they occur and mitigating actions are taken to prevent them occurring
- Infrastructure is fit for purpose and capable of providing the agreed level of service and delivers the performance that matches SLAs for services
Ensure infrastructure is fully compliant with all required security standards so that any relevant audit can be successfully conducted.Skills
Expertise in the following areas:
Managing employee relationships Managing projects and assignments – reporting skills Decision making Excellent understanding of IT Being professional and effective Networking with other professionals in other Countries Using good judgment Planning and prioritizing Organization skills Oral and written clear communication skills in English