The Myanmar Council of Churches has an IT Support Specialist vacancy for its Holistic Child Development Project.
The Holistic Child Development Project is a Christian ministry, dedicated to addressing the needs of children in poverty. We advocate for the poor, ministering to their needs and act on their behalf. We are currently seeking a person as detailed below : Mature Christian person, based on evangelical Christian values, with a vision and passion for children mission.
This entry-level professionals role is to assist with delivering IT support to end users in the organization's field offices. This includes project support, simple software implementation and deployment, first-level IT support triage, and performing local upgrades, improvements, and backups as assigned. At this career level, the incumbent may still be learning and generally works under the guidance of a supervisor or a more senior specialist.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of the organization, and faithfully upholds MCC's ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children. Understands and advances Christ's mandate to protect children. Raises awareness of the needs of children and takes active steps to help protect against neglect, abuse, and exploitation of children. Promotes the dignity, respect, positive treatment, potential of children in all circumstances. Encourages the involvement of others in helping children in need. Reports and appropriately supports responses to incidents of harm of children if they occur.
- Uses basic project coordination skills for monitoring and tracking deliverables, helping to maintain the project plan and budget on basic projects and assignments.
- Supports the implementation of systems, tools, software, and services for internal clients under the direction of a more senior specialist or supervisor. Further gathers and documents requirements and deliverables to support on time delivery of each deployment.
- Assists other staff to resolve application support issues and those issues that technicians cannot resolve.
- Performs hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups. Applies diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- As directed, conducts simple security assessments of systems and applications to identify potential vulnerabilities. Further follows simple solution processes to mediate exploitable conditions on devices such as servers and intrusion detection systems.
- Restores files or systems by conducting regular backup procedures. Updates procedure documentation as assigned.
- As directed, supports IT operational infrastructure such as server rooms, hosting maintenance and troubleshooting, networking, and servers.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or related field.
Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above.
- N/A No experience is required beyond the minimum education requirement.